Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

switching from modded gpr to rxp good idea?

Hey Greenhulk, I have a modded gp1300r, it does about 72 mph on gps. I am considering selling it and getting a rxp. I know my gpr is faster than a stock rxp, but how much would it cost to get a rxp to about 75 mph on gps? Would really like to hear from people who had or has both skies. I know the rxp is heavier and is great in acceleration and straight line performance, but does it feel like a big potato when turning, jumping waves, and maneuverability? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

+1
    It will take about $1400-$1800 to get to 75 MPH. It can jump waves just fine with all the power it comes with. The GPR is the better handling ski, of course.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    It will take about $1400-$1800 to get to 75 MPH. It can jump waves just fine with all the power it comes with. The GPR is the better handling ski, of course.
    +1. Spot on.

I had a 2001 GPR and now a 08 RXP. I like everything better with the RXP right down to the superior ergonomics. Yea you can make a GPR fast, but there's more to a machine than raw speed IMO.

but does it feel like a big potato when turning, jumping waves, and maneuverability?
    Hell no... For some strange reason my RXP will turn tighter and pull more G's on corners than my GPR did... And the trim works more noticeably on the RXP where it didn't seem to do all that much on the GPR. Forgetting the fact that a GPR can be made just as fast on top end or faster than anything, the RXP is a superior machine in MANY aspects. For example, the ergonomics of the GPR are horrible IMO.... I really like the feeling like I'm doing splits when riding or riding bare-back on a bull, lol... Don't worry about the heavier weight of the RXP, I had the same worry and to my surprise it doesn't feel and handle as heavy it really is. It's a very fun and playful machine and can be a very wet ride when you want it to be! The bottom end power....mmmm... And when I was worrying about playability and maneuverability, I wasn't just worried coming from a GPR but even the older school VXR (being able to get wet, spin outs, etc). The RXP is by far my most favorite recreational vehicle I've ever owned including snowmobiles, dirt bikes, ATVs, and all other jet skis I've ridden.

I owned a 2008 gp1300 and then sold it for a 2007 rxp the rxp feels like it's got heaps more power which is fun on flat water but I found it hard to use the power out in the ruff ocean but the gp I could be out in pretty big swell and just hold it flat and it would just feel planted

+1
    I have owned a modded RXP for 4 years. I just picked up a GPRXP. At this point I would say the RXP is better than the GP in all areas.

+1
    Buyer's remorse?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by h2jim View Post
    I have owned a modded RXP for 4 years. I just picked up a GPRXP. At this point I would say the RXP is better than the GP in all areas.

Moderated
    why not just port your gpr so it does 75-78mph.....?

i cant imagine owning a RXP, they feel horrible to me and they are too narrow in the seat area ( i am 6'3) and thats before you take into account their failure rates, delam hulls etc.. and a myriad of other things.....

Yamaha sold the same hull for 8 years for a reason......because they got it right.

well there is one bad thing about the 2 stroke grp...fuel use....and the 4techs have it all over them in that area which is why i have a gprxp as well as a ported gpr

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    what mods does this include? Just curious

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information