Problem With 96 SLT 780

I hope im posting in the right place i just recently purchased a Polaris Slt 780! so far so good! i had to bypass the fuel sending unit with the tips i learned on this site and i really appreciate that. after running the ski this weekend it ran flawlessly until i decided to turn the Ski off to jump in the water. After doing so i tried to start it again and it didnt want to comply. i can hear a clicking in the engine like it wants to try to turn over. it did this when i first bought it and after leaving it alone for a while it starts right up ( kind of like a cold engine has no problems) however after floating aimlessly down the river for about 10 mins i decided to hit the reset switch on the electrical box and POOF it started right up! its now done this three times and the electrical switch has worked everytime! however im sure this is not right im just wondering if this is a starter issue or if i could get some direction where to start looking for the probelm

Quote Originally Posted by LtHitech View Post
    I hope im posting in the right place i just recently purchased a Polaris Slt 780! so far so good! i had to bypass the fuel sending unit with the tips i learned on this site and i really appreciate that. after running the ski this weekend it ran flawlessly until i decided to turn the Ski off to jump in the water. After doing so i tried to start it again and it didnt want to comply. i can hear a clicking in the engine like it wants to try to turn over. it did this when i first bought it and after leaving it alone for a while it starts right up ( kind of like a cold engine has no problems) however after floating aimlessly down the river for about 10 mins i decided to hit the reset switch on the electrical box and POOF it started right up! its now done this three times and the electrical switch has worked everytime! however im sure this is not right im just wondering if this is a starter issue or if i could get some direction where to start looking for the probelm
    Get out an ohm meter and check that circuit breaker/reset switch for high resistance. There's a good chance that it's no good. It can give you the same symptoms as a weak battery, only it will be intermittent.

I'm assuming that it should read no resistance at all if its good?

Quote Originally Posted by LtHitech View Post
    I'm assuming that it should read no resistance at all if its good?
    Correct.

+1
    i didnt realize they had a breaker switch . where is the location on the box ? sounds simple but im trying to pick up the basics for therse 96 fujis

Banned User
    +1
    I have an open box sitting on my bench. I will post a pic later tonight pointing out what you need to find

+1
    i found it thanks , on the back of the black box - easilly seen when the box is pulled - thanks

Thread Information