Question Engine or driveshaft rattle - 1994 GTX 657cc

I've had the unit for about 4 years. It always had a little rattle when atidle. The rattle seems to be louder with the unit is running in neutral andreverse but always there in forward gear when no throttle applied. The noiseseems to disappear one throttle is increased off idle. The drive shaft bearingsall seem to be tight. I just winterized it all this past weekend and when Istarted it out of the water the rattle seemed to be coming from the motor butit may just echo in the engine compartment. I just had the carbs rebuilt at adealer and on their report they said the rotary valve was in good shape (notsure if the RV could cause this type of rattle). The reason I am concerned isthat the noise had increased a lot in the last two rides. The engine runsawesome and starts up hot or cold. Is there some sort of torque converterbetween the PTO and the driveshaft that could cause a rattle like this? Anytrouble shooting techniques would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah the plugs were perfect and the jetoil was clean.

I think I found the problem. If anyone is experiencing the notorious rattle/knock on your older Seadoo check this youtube video out.

+1
    Most of the seadoo I've owned in the past made that type of rattle. Check driveline alignment, motor mounts and idle speed.

Great video, never heard of that before, but will have to try it. Where do you get these cones with the special spacer and springs??

thanx

Pete

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toystore69 View Post
    Great video, never heard of that before, but will have to try it. Where do you get these cones with the special spacer and springs??

thanx

Pete
    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/seadoopu...295500542.aspx

You can also order this replacment cone kit from the dude in the YouTube video. Email him at [email protected]

Thread Information