Thread: yamaha lawsuit

+1

yamaha lawsuit

Yami to pay 35 million in lawsuit holy crap

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11235...bref=obnetwork

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Yup. Uneducated riders. Period!

Wow I'm very sorry to the parents who lost there daughter, but this was a case were a person who wasn't suppose to be riding a ski didn't know how to properly maneuver the ski . Collision ...... That's like blaming an automotive company for letting an unlicensed minor drive a car and have an accident it's not Yamaha fault.

Hmm, where is the off throttle steering for my boat. Sue them!!!!!!!

Call me an ass, but I'm tired of feeling sorry for these folks. Accidents happen and riders can be stupid.

+1
    +1 Sorry for the Parents aswell, I have seen many accident's happen this way sense 1998 once I witnessed a lady with her group of of 4 other ski's take off before them when they were walking to there skiis and she did a few large sircles then came back towards the others turned the ski let off the gas and jumped the hell off letting her ski fly into the other 3 SKiis and freinds it was crazy shit they all got hurt . I thought it was on the warning stickers on the ski ( will not turn with out throttle something like that )

WE got to shut up before they start making us wear helmets

What a bunch of BS. Riding illegally and without proper knowledge or training (we need a BOAT license here in Canada to ride a PWC, and you need to be 16). Inexperience, stupidity, etc. are to blame. Yamaha is not to blame, and I hope they appeal this. $15 million will not bring your child back.

I guess this is why my 2011 VXR has an off-throttle steering assist when going fast and letting go of the throttle. Next up will be airbags and seatbelts. Give me a break.

+1
    Ridiculous. And soon enough there will be a lawsuit because the off-throttle steering CAUSED an accident...."but, but, but I don't know what happened, I let the gas off and the ski just accelerated". You wait...it will happen.

Moderated
    skis are not for kids but my heart still goes out to the family.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post
    skis are not for kids but my heart still goes out to the family.
    +1. It doesn't make it easier for the family. However, the child should have never been on that ski by herself. I often wonder why the skis are 15,000 and higher around the world. Someone has to pay for it. Look for the ski prices to rise next season for the 2012's..... Nobody wins in lawsuits. It sucks, it really does.... BUT had she been properly 'trained' (I use that word loosely) on how to operate the ski, she would have known the basics of no gas, no steer, no go idea. IMO the parents who allowed her to get on it were responsible. All it does is ensure that the next time they go to her grave, they drive in a nicer car and walk in $500 heels and lice in a better house.... They profited off of a girls death so they can live like kings. Do they miss their child, yes.... Are they happy with the judgement, yes.... $35 mil is a crock of shit.... No one wins.... PERIOD.....

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    What a bunch of BS. Riding illegally and without proper knowledge or training (we need a BOAT license here in Canada to ride a PWC, and you need to be 16). Inexperience, stupidity, etc. are to blame. Yamaha is not to blame, and I hope they appeal this. $15 million will not bring your child back.

I guess this is why my 2011 VXR has an off-throttle steering assist when going fast and letting go of the throttle. Next up will be airbags and seatbelts. Give me a break.
    I think that a test and license needs to become mandatory in order to purchase and ride. This would put money in the state for the fees, make it more difficult to ride without knowledge and hopefully stop some of this bullshit because you would go to court and the judge would say you/they took the test, you/they knew this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information