~$3-4k to spend, what ski to get?

I'm looking for a performance used pwc within this price range. What are my best bets?

I've seens gp1200r's in the price range, and also honda f-12x aquatrax's. I'm looking for great performance and also great reliability. I'd like something that i can jump on when i go to the lake on the weekends and go 60-70mph on. Will be on lake erie so chop is common.

From having my two 95' polaris sl650's I am greatly leaning towards a 4-stroke hence the aquatrax because they can be had for cheap. Preferably 3 seater also.

Please give me the run down on what i should get.....

+1
    I'd get a GPR. But if you want a 4 stroke 3 seater for $4k tops get a Kawasaki STX-15f.

There is a member here close to u, and has skis for sale in your price range...........

+1
    GPR any day of the week!!!

+1
    If you shop around you could probably find a rxp for the high end of your range.

+1
    If you want bullet proof... go with Honda or Yamaha, the honda's you can get for a little less cash, actually it makes me sad to see what the Honda's are selling for. Fuel consumption is best with the Yamaha MR-1 motor @ 11.4 gph @ WOT.

The 4-tec's (sea-doo) are great motors, but you'll need to pull the supercharger and change the washers depending on the year. It's going to cost around 200 bucks extra if you do it yourself.

Somehow I managed to obtain all three... the FXHO 160hp (05), a speedster 215hp (05), and my honda R-12x 165hp (05). The seadoo doesn't sound as smooth as the other two but has more umph, and likes more gas (I know it's in a boat, but I know the RXP's and RXT's still suck more gas).

I know a RXT or RXP would beat my ski's but the Yamaha and the Honda are pretty much even on top, the honda will pull on the yami down low and mid, but I've done the solas prop and pulled two bars from the intake grate. I love all my ski's but I really, really like my Yamaha... solid product.

Don't know about the 15F, have heard they are great ski's, I know they turn like a mother, and the aftermarket parts can make a naturally aspirated ski run really well.

thanks for the info everyone.

I would love to get an RXT, btw the rxt is the 3 seater model while the rxp is the 2 seater correct? I have no problem with doing mechanical work as i can most likely disassemble the whole ski and put it back together. Now if i want to that's another story. I'd just like something where say i'm not going to have to replace a piston in a year. General maintenance is no problem.

Now i've seen a couple rxt/rxp for sale, however they're way overpriced compared to NADA prices. For example a 2007 rxp; guy was asking $6500, and NADA price was $4500. And we all know those prices tend to be on the high side.

Quote Originally Posted by peteshauling View Post
    There is a member here close to u, and has skis for sale in your price range...........
    where is this member?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck3yeRideR View Post
    thanks for the info everyone.

I would love to get an RXT, btw the rxt is the 3 seater model while the rxp is the 2 seater correct? I have no problem with doing mechanical work as i can most likely disassemble the whole ski and put it back together. Now if i want to that's another story. I'd just like something where say i'm not going to have to replace a piston in a year. General maintenance is no problem.

Now i've seen a couple rxt/rxp for sale, however they're way overpriced compared to NADA prices. For example a 2007 rxp; guy was asking $6500, and NADA price was $4500. And we all know those prices tend to be on the high side.
    You won't get an RXT for $4K unless it's a trashed beater. Also don't know what you're looking at but an 07 RXP books for around $5300. And that's without a trailer, add another $400 or so if it's a nice low profile.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2007...dard-Equipment

These machines are very desirable and holding to their value. You could however get get an 04 or 05 RXP for $4.000 if you negotiate hard enough.

Thread Information