Riding the coast of Texas-need help on where to ride

The lakes are so low here. We are wanting to head to the coast to do some riding. Want something with pretty scenery, good clean/clear water, few waves.
    Wife and I ride together. Nothing with gators or anything like that or she won't go.
    Prefer Corpus or S. Padre area but don't know enough to go there without you guys input.
    I appreciate your input.
    We ride an F-12X

Pierre Part, Louisiana
    I was over in TX last weekend and had some friends take me around the Freeport area. There were some really nice areas we rode there. I know it was not one of the places you listed but just wanted to mention it.

Nederland, Texas
    If you dont want waves, then Corpus or Padre aint for you. Laguna Madre in Corpus is nice, but if you venture out of the ICW chances are you will end up on a oyster bed.
    And there is just about no where inland that you wont find gators.
    Last edited by troyheb; 09-12-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Katy, TX
    San Jacinto River is a nice ride. You can ride out to the Battleship Texas and San Jacinto Monument and/or stay on the river where there is a lot of smooth water and sandy places to stop. As for clear clean water, no where in this region of Texas where you can see your feet in the water except for Lake Travis or Canyon Lake, both of which are low low low right now.
    Last edited by TXSPORTSWOMN; 01-04-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Lake Jackson
    I live right around the corner from Freeport! we ride all over there and the san bernard river is a great river to ride and boat on!

McAllen TX
    If you want to come down to South Padre island we can ride together...I know SPI like the palm of my hand !

freeport texas
    we will have a big freeport ride sometime in late march, early april. i will post it in advance so people can make plans to come. always a good ride!!!!!

Thread Information