Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar

Thumbs up GPR Nozzle issue on my XLT

GPR Nozzle Issue on my XLT

Alright guys. I just recieved a used 5 degree GPR nozzle that i will be installing on my XLT. However I have one issue. See the pics below? the previous owner filled the hole in, I know I can drill it but what can I use in place of the tube I have in my stock nozzle? I was thinking on drilling a new hole & inserting a new copper pipe in the hole. What would be the best advice on fixing the problem? As always, any advice is good.

OEM XLT Nozzle

GPR Nozzle with sliced pipe

Inside GPR Nozzle (Also sliced)
    Last edited by PWCManiac; 12-27-2006 at 06:17 PM.

It might be a good time to put in a bilge pump. When I removed the bilge tube and filled in the hole I picked up 80rpms and .3mph. Now I'm in the process of putting a fitting on the pump and using the old bilge line for a jetworks mod.

Question

U know I might just go with your advice. I like the sound of that. A nice bilge pump & leave that nozzle the way it is. It doesn't hurt at all. Thanks dude. I've never purchase a bilge pump before though. How much do they go for?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanraider View Post
    It might be a good time to put in a bilge pump. When I removed the bilge tube and filled in the hole I picked up 80rpms and .3mph. Now I'm in the process of putting a fitting on the pump and using the old bilge line for a jetworks mod.

+1
    Sounds like a good idea too...

Riva sells a whole kit with pump, switch w/wiring, hose, and exit pisser... bracket is discontinued but there are a few still floating around.

You have two types to choose from.

Manual Pump - This pump is tuned on by a switch and will continue to run as long as the switch is turned on. Cost starts at about 20 bucks.

Automatic Pump - When the pump switch is turned on this pump will run and sense the current load, if there is no water in the pump the current draw will be low and the pump will turn off. After a minute or two this pump turns back on again, if there is water in the pump the current draw will be higher and the pump will run until the water is gone and the current draw drops. This is the type of pump I use. I picked up my pump from BassPro Shop for 50 bucks.

Talking

Dude, has anyone told u that ur the f***ing man!!!! U DA MAN!!! hehe... The bilge pump itself I can probably get cheaper at West Marine, then I'll just purchase the bracket from RIVA. Thanks dude.

Thumbs up

Yeah, that price sounds more around what I was expecting. I can work around that very well & just order the bracket from RIVA! Thanks bro.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanraider View Post
    You have two types to choose from.

Manual Pump - This pump is tuned on by a switch and will continue to run as long as the switch is turned on. Cost starts at about 20 bucks.

Automatic Pump - When the pump switch is turned on this pump will run and sense the current load, if there is no water in the pump the current draw will be low and the pump will turn off. After a minute or two this pump turns back on again, if there is water in the pump the current draw will be higher and the pump will run until the water is gone and the current draw drops. This is the type of pump I use. I picked up my pump from BassPro Shop for 50 bucks.

I just used some 5200 fast cure marine sealent on the bottom of the pump housing to hold it to the bottom of the hull. its been in there for a couple of months now with no problems yet.

Here's the link to the pump I purchased.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information