Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rxp handling

+1

rxp handling

so i have an 07 rxp everything is stock except for riva washers. im so used to my gtx with no opas that im almost getting tossed off the rxp when chopping the throttle. i would like to keep the opas on and was wondering do the block ups solve this problem. had some scary situations chopping the throttle while turning doing over 60mph not good

+1
    Maybe think about not chopping the throttle. It is not the OPAS that is causing the buck. You are apparently stuffing the pump when you chop the throttle. Something isn't setup properly for you to be experiencing this. You can increase your handling with removal of the OPAS.

+1
    OPAS.......Ewww. Get rid of those training wheels brotha!!!

Turning 1 o 1
    HOLD ON
    Turn bars
    Wrap throttle on
    Power out of turn, hopefully still on ski

+1
    yeah i know how to ride its just the rxp is a little more touchy. so do the block ups help stop the ski from bitting so hard when off the throttle ?

+1
    You should NEVER chop the throttle. Not only under certain conditions it will overstuuf the pump (and buck you off the ski) but its also very stressful on the supercharger washers--cermaic or metal. Will losen the preload on the washers and you have to re-set them more often. I had several RXPs in the past--all over 80 MPH with OPAS still on and no handling problems. Good Luck.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    You should NEVER chop the throttle. Not only under certain conditions it will overstuuf the pump (and buck you off the ski) but its also very stressful on the supercharger washers--cermaic or metal. Will losen the preload on the washers and you have to re-set them more often. I had several RXPs in the past--all over 80 MPH with OPAS still on and no handling problems. Good Luck.
    thanks for the info i never said it was a handling problem i just wanted to know if the block up stop the ski from digging so hard when off the throttle. i took the opas off my gtx and i like the way it handles, but i would rather not remove them completly on the rxp. so anyone with the block ups have feedback ?

+1
    I never really found mine dug in off throttle. But removing the OPAS should stop what your referring to.

My ski is 80 plus (06 RXP) I'm not sure I've ever had any bucking issues, even when chopping some throttle...... Violent! For sure..... But isent that part of the fun when turning!!! Chop, turn, throttle to turn out of it?! (ok not so fast you end up getting thrown) but if its not near that point, where's the fun?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayers View Post
    I never really found mine dug in off throttle. But removing the OPAS should stop what your referring to.

My ski is 80 plus (06 RXP) I'm not sure I've ever had any bucking issues, even when chopping some throttle...... Violent! For sure..... But isent that part of the fun when turning!!! Chop, turn, throttle to turn out of it?! (ok not so fast you end up getting thrown) but if its not near that point, where's the fun?
    you do have a point its a lot more playfull then the gtx but the wife rides the rxp and she mentioned it as well.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelytle1077 View Post
    thanks for the info i never said it was a handling problem i just wanted to know if the block up stop the ski from digging so hard when off the throttle. i took the opas off my gtx and i like the way it handles, but i would rather not remove them completly on the rxp. so anyone with the block ups have feedback ?
    The RXP's opas are fixed, they don't move up, and down like the GTX/RXT's. You either run with them on, or completly off. Don't waist your time, or money on the cheap cover plates. Go with the Race engineering OPAS block offs, or the Riva pro series ones, or you will porpoise after 70+mph

+1
    Why not let off more progressively, I often let off off progressively when going in to turns etc unless I am really going for it around the bouy etc. Best advise is think ahead what you are doing and ride accordingly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information