+1

Picture of Center Mounted Intercooler Hoses

I am trying to center mount a Gen II intercooler in my 04 RXP (don't like loud). Can anyone send me a picture of the stock hoses. I purchased some a long time ago, but for the life of me I cannot see how they will work. I am going to drop the engine in tomorrow, I am just trying to get my "ducks in a row" right now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thompsdw View Post
    I am trying to center mount a Gen II intercooler in my 04 RXP (don't like loud). Can anyone send me a picture of the stock hoses. I purchased some a long time ago, but for the life of me I cannot see how they will work. I am going to drop the engine in tomorrow, I am just trying to get my "ducks in a row" right now.
    The longer of the two goes from SCer to the left hand side of the ICer if you were stood behind the ski, (same side the little bleed line exits the ICer) then the shorter of the 2 goes from ICer to TB on the right hand side.

I think you may have issues with the stock 04 exhaust hose as its different in shape to the 08 exhaust hose. also the resenator is different to work with the 08 exhaust, I think you will need to get the whole 08 setup to make it work.

Or you get the ICer fitted then make a custom pipe to get to the resenator so you can keep the noise down.

R88

+1
    I actually purchased the different resonator and exhaust hose. My problem is, I'm not sure that I was sold the correct hoses. That's why I was looking to see if someone had a set of removed hoses they could snap a picture of for me.........

Interestingly, last night I mounted the center mounted bracket and the lower foot (that screws into the top of the tunnel) was about 1/2" off the top of the tunnel. I made a spacer because I didn't want to stress the VTX. That was wierd........

Thread Information