Smile well built 4-tec designs

I just took over a rental fleet that has 10 2009 and 2010 gti's.Now I know a 130/155 hp of these is nowhere near the 265+ some of the supercharged skis are making,I however am really amazed at the hrs,350+ most have in only 2 yrs,and the oil and filters were only changed every 100+ hrs or longer.most of hrs are limited to 5K rpm but these engines despite running for 10 hrs straight on weekends each day in 105 degree air with 90+ surface water temp ,compression is spot on within 5 or 7 psi,They burn no oil (I switched to full synthetic)They were using seadoo oil.They burn no oil between oil and filter changes.in fact I get onto the dock hands for only checking oil and coolant weekly.I for one thought yamaha engines were the best even in 4 strokes,(actually the only reason most seadoo failures occured even in two strokes was lack of maint.)I just gotta SAY THIS THESE 4-tec ENGINES ARE AWSOME!!! Easy to work on ,well thought out,and the new style pumps with nutted rear bearing Are easy to change bearings and seals,I think seadoo hit the nail on the head,AS a PWC mechanic for last 24 yrs. and working on motorcycles since 1967 I by far think rebuilding a 4-tec and getting it out of ski is far easier than say even a yamaha gp1200 two stroke.Thanks seadoo for getting it right!!

I love my 2009 GTI155SE, easy on fuel, easy maintenance, easy to winterize, easy to put props on.... Very well balanced ski as it accelerates pretty good and not a slouch on the top end for a naturally aspirated ski. I just wish there was more performance parts for it as the aftermarket on that ski is really weak and it has so much potential.

+1
    i love the 155 motor. that thing is built really well and you really don't have to do anything to it. it's so simple.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit44 View Post
    I just wish there was more performance parts for it as the aftermarket on that ski is really weak and it has so much potential.
    the best thing you can do is leave it stock, IMO. once you start modding it, the reliability factor goes right down the drain....

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    these engines are like a rock, thats why you see rotax all over, small airplanes, racing karts, etc. BRP all the way!

+1
    I had one that had salt water sitting in the cylinders and oil for 2 weeks. Compression is still good and it runs like a champ!

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    I would rather remove 5 4tec engines than 1 tripple yami or seadoo di!!!

+1
    ^^ 45 min start to finish

Thread Information