Thread: PWC Slings

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1

PWC Slings

I'm going to buy a sling for my skis. Has anyone had any experience with these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-P...spagenameZWDVW

Should I play it safe and purchase the 1500# sling?

Or should I just opt for a Seadoo brand like this:

http://www.brp.com/en-US/Products/Se...cMiscellaneous

Any real world experience, be it good or bad, would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Jeff...

the Seadoo one is just an overpriced labelled sling from another mfg... Retail on the Seadoo 4-tec sling is $371.47

my recommendation would be by the cheaper one you found rated 1500#...

also depending how often you use it, replace it routinely, but the material, the threads and stictching are slowly sacrificed with frequent useage. so maybe you should replace it every couple years. At our dealership PWC shop that's on the water, we have a hoist, and we make a point of replacing the sling every single year since we use it very often

and treat them nice... the rubber coating on the part that hooks under the rails wears down, and if you drag it on the ground and beat it up, the metal starts to come thru and before you know it you are scratched the gelcote and decals with the sling... it's inevitable it's gonna bang around on the ski and slide around on it, and so long as the rubberized coating is in good shape, it wont harm the ski one bit

http://www.sea-doo.com/en-US/Accesso...cMiscellaneous

+1
    Jeff
    I have had a pair of these for several years they are rated at 1000# but I use mine on my RXT with no problems

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/over...=33816&fcat=3K

+1
    Jeff; I have a sling that is rated at 800 lbs. I use it on the GTX with no problem. The only difference between the slings is the length of the bar that separates the rub rail hooks. The hooks and straps are all the same.

The heavy duty SD lift is overpriced but if you decide on it you can have it for what I pay $269.12 (list $371.47)

Richard

Jeff, my neighbor just bought one, not sure what brand it is but instead of having the straps it uses cables with a rubber sleeve over the cables. I like that idea better than stitched straps. A bit more peice of mind in my opinion. We havn't used it to actually launch a craft yet but we have done a test lift with it and it worked just fine. The only problem I found with it is the 4 pieces of metal that come up to connect the cables to the sling were bare metal that could potentially scratch the hull above the rubrail. That was taken care of with rubber glued to the metal. I'm in La. right now but I will send him an email and see if I can't get the info on the brand name and send it to you.
    Karl

+1
    If a strap breaks you could get a welt. If a cable breaks you could lose a hand.

I've had the Overton one since 1996. It stays clean and dry, and shows no outward signs of wear. I only use it to weigh skis, or in emergency moves when I've run out of storage. It has lifted standups, to LRV's to RXTs no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys View Post
    If a strap breaks you could get a welt. If a cable breaks you could lose a hand.

I've had the Overton one since 1996. It stays clean and dry, and shows no outward signs of wear. I only use it to weigh skis, or in emergency moves when I've run out of storage. It has lifted standups, to LRV's to RXTs no problem.
    Is this the kind you have?

it's $119.99 at Overtons...1000# capacity. What do you guys think about this one for moving skis around?

+1
    That is the one I use with no problems i have had the same one for years

Thread Information