Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ultra 150 fuel type question

I have been buying parts for my 99 ultra 150 here and there and I am about ready to start building. I could really use some advise on what octane fuel to run. Also I was considering porting my cylinders and wanted to know if there is a pattern out or is it usual gasket matching? Still haven't bought reeds but figured i would run stock for now. List of mods bought so far:
    50mm Buckshots
    2 fuel pumps with distribution blocks
    wisesco pistons on stock bore
    36cc r&d billet head
    speedwerx triples
    advent ecu
    tdr waterbox
    shredmaster r/p
    beach house sponsons
    r&d intake grate
    16/20 solas re-pitch by speedfreeks
    and if I can ever get skiworx to answer the phone i also want triple pissers

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

+1
    With 36CC heads your running a lot of compression! Ultra 94 minimum is what you will need, if not more. That setup is possibly a race gas setup.

Buckshot 50's, good luck with those, there is Zero support from Buckshot on those carbs so hopefully someone here will chime in with what jets your going to need. I had them, never did get them to run right, finally went with Skiworx moded stock carbs ant they hit harder than the buckshots did. Most people with your setup run Novi's.

Tripple pissers, just order 2 more pissers from kawi, drill the hull near the stock one and run some hose, no need for differnt head fittings if you add a water intake filter to your list, the Groco 750. That will save you a lot of pain.

Reeds, stock acutally offers the best life/performance. Some aftermarkets may hit harder but don't last.

You did not list how your getting pulse to the 2 fuel pumps. Are you tapping the block or adding reed spacers?

Good luck!

forgot to add that I have reed spacers for pulse lines. I heard the buckshots were hell to tune if you ever even get them to tune. I bought them so cheap I figured I would give them a shot. They are suppose to have the mikuni seats and jets supposedly but I have not broke them down yet.

I dont know how but it happened. I was going through my stuff today and noticed when i set the spacers on the table they didnt sit flat. same with all of them the all look bent so I will be needing another set. "awesome" is the only word i can think of right now

+1
    Want mine? You can have them for free (I have 3 reed spacers, one with a pulse line) so you run one pump off the stock pulse and one of cylinder with a reed spacer.

Your really going to need a lot of fuel to feed those 50 and tripples. Not sure if the 2 pumps and a manifoild will be enough. Most on tripples with the buck 50's run 3 pumps.

If you want, I can send you a 3rd pump (free) and if you can get your other reed spacer flat you could run a pump per carb.

How badly bent is the spacer? Its just aluminium, when you install it it will probably just go straight when you tigten the nuts.

Do you have the longer studs for the reed spacers?

I don't have the longer studs yet. The one spacer that has the pulse is the worst. I tried bending it back and it made it worse. Maybe I can drill and tap one without a pulse line. If you think I will need three pumps I would gladly accept that pump. I could at least help you with the shipping and could send you money through paypal. I appreciate any help I can get.

+1
    Ok, send me your mailing address in a private message.

I send you the spacers, fuel pump and studs for the spacers.
    Now, how are you handling the oil injection? The Buckshots do not have a oil port like the stockers.
    Do you have the manifold adapters with the oil injection port on them?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0045.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	252992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0046.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	252993

+1
    Well, I guess that will work. Mine I modified with the Kawi Check valve right into the carb fuel area so the oil and fuel were mixed before it was metered by the carb (as the stockers do) . I'll get that stuff boxed up tomorrow nite and get it out to you Wed.

Do you have all the throttle linkage for the carbs and the adapter wheel to connect the stock throttle cable to the carbs along with the bracket?

If your carbs have no mount for the TPS sensor, just turn it to full open and tie it aside.

I took a couple pics of everything. I dont have the cable bracket I was hoping I could modify one to fit maybe. I was gonna ask you what do you think about running a accelerator pump? The carbs came with one but I dont know if I would really need it. I am guessing it was a after thought because in one picture you can see where they got alittle crazy with the glue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0047.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	253021   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0048.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	253020   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0050.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	253019   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0049.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	253018  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information