Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Dealer Setup Fees - How much did you pay?

Just curious what the average "Dealer Fee" was for anyone that has purchased a new Sea-Doo lately. Barney's in St Pete Florida charged me a $943.00 dealer service fee when I purchased my RXT back in 2009. I'm debating which dealership to use to pick up my next new ski.

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    I paid 0 when I bought my iS. I purchased from Mastercraft of Orlando. It's a family owned business and have always been very happy in my dealings with them. Some of the most straightest shooters I've seen in the boat/ski business. Is this about picking up your new X next year?

+1
    I paid $0 mid season on my 2011 wake pro 215, but paid about $1000 below msrp. I just picked up a 2011 rxp-x late in the season for about $3000 under msrp but they wouldn't budge on the $799 dealer setup fee.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    I paid 0 when I bought my iS. I purchased from Mastercraft of Orlando. It's a family owned business and have always been very happy in my dealings with them. Some of the most straightest shooters I've seen in the boat/ski business. Is this about picking up your new X next year?
    Yep, trying to decide where to have it delivered.

+1
    Tell them to drop the crate at your house. You can set it up from there. I paid $0 for my skis. That's a bogus setup fee.

When you are done with the de-crating and get her on the trailer, take her by the stealer and have them hook it to BUDS and then start it up. $125.00 is better than $950.00. JMO! I'm sure you can use tools and hook a battery right?

+1
    Just make sure it gets connected to buds first or you'll be back at the dealer within minutes of first starting it! Don't ask me how I know

+1
    Mine local dealership wanted $595 set-up fee and $150 for "documention" fee~~~I ended up get them down to just the $150 doc fee

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    Yep, trying to decide where to have it delivered.
    I agree with having it shipped to your house. But I would think a dealer wouldn't mind a free or low charge for the publicity.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Tell them to drop the crate at your house. You can set it up from there. I paid $0 for my skis. That's a bogus setup fee.

When you are done with the de-crating and get her on the trailer, take her by the stealer and have them hook it to BUDS and then start it up. $125.00 is better than $950.00. JMO! I'm sure you can use tools and hook a battery right?
    I would think that SeaDoo might void
    the warranty if it was notsetup/assembled by them IDK

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    Just curious what the average "Dealer Fee" was for anyone that has purchased a new Sea-Doo lately. Barney's in St Pete Florida charged me a $943.00 dealer service fee when I purchased my RXT back in 2009. I'm debating which dealership to use to pick up my next new ski.
    I don't have anything to nice to say about Barney's. When I was looking for my 2010 X boat, I called and was arrogantly informed of their astronomical ''dealer fees'' and bloated sticker price.

I ended up buying my ski from Central Florida Powersports in Orlando, They didn't charge me a dime in dealer fees, and I paid like 1,200 bucks under MSRP (Barney's was getting sticker). And this was when nobody in Fl, not even Riva, had my ski in stock.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information