04 fx HO engine temp sensor removal.

hi guys i'm in need of some help the past two times i have been out with the fx my engine temp signal would pop up and start flashing on my cluster but no engine codes were read by the ECU..... Today i started the ski and the check engine light popped up and code 15 showed up. This is a good sign since my past two trips have been very dissappointing and driving me nuts. so now i know the sensor is at fault here. I would like to know from experience what is the best way to replace this sensor on my 2004 Fx cruiser HO. from the looks of it it seems to be under the exhaust manifold/header. should i lift up the motor or remove the manifold? any tips ideas? thanks in advance

anyone?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stang4u2nv View Post
    hi guys i'm in need of some help the past two times i have been out with the fx my engine temp signal would pop up and start flashing on my cluster but no engine codes were read by the ECU..... Today i started the ski and the check engine light popped up and code 15 showed up. This is a good sign since my past two trips have been very dissappointing and driving me nuts. so now i know the sensor is at fault here. I would like to know from experience what is the best way to replace this sensor on my 2004 Fx cruiser HO. from the looks of it it seems to be under the exhaust manifold/header. should i lift up the motor or remove the manifold? any tips ideas? thanks in advance
    Yes it is under the exhaust in the front, Had one last month that had to change out. I had my worker change it without removing the exhaust or lifting the engine. He has very small hands and was able to get to it with a short 10 mm wrench my hands would not fit in there to big.

thank you very much sir.... any pics to aid in the replacement?

So i called the dealer to find out the price of the sensor and the guys said there are 2 of them under the exhaust manifold. one is threaded in and the other one is bolted on. how could i go about finding which one of the two is at fault here? which one usually fails? any help is appreciated ....BTW the code on my cluster is code 15...engine temp
    sensor

Anyone knows how to test and determine which one of the two sensors is bad? I dont want to get stuck with the stealer screwing me up ( not jetski of miami at least).....

Thread Information