Thread: Michigan

Michigan

Oh how I love thee

+1
    What an awesome environment that was.

one incredible game last night. cant believe he had the balls to go for the td after denard threw a pick on the last drive in about the same situation and pass. i think they are going to have trouble the rest of the season. they just arent that good of a team. give them time though, he already has a top 5 recruiting class for next year and when he gets some of his guys in... look out! michigan football finally back on the map

Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    What an awesome environment that was.
    I should have got tickets and went. But they were $250 and thought wow thats overpriced. Little did i know i would have paid double that to be in the rocking big house

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaserxp215 View Post
    I should have got tickets and went. But they were $250 and thought wow thats overpriced. Little did i know i would have paid double that to be in the rocking big house
    I am planning on being at the Ohio State Michigan game. A local business owner went there and has season tickets to Ohio state and got tickets for the game. I fixed his skis (6) and serviced them and he said I was in for the game. Works well for me.

+1
    My wife manages a group of people and told me a true story about the Mi/Ohio State rivalry.

One of the ladies that works for her used to play Volleyball at OSU and had a picture @ herself in uniform @ her desk. The Mi fan asked that she remove the picture. After some discussion the girl decided she would not. It went all the way to Human Resources and the girl had to remove the picture.

The Mi fan repeatedly claimed he could not work in the environment because of the emotion that the simple picture brought out in him.

hahaha, the rivalry is so strong. Not as strong as it used to be but I hope brady hoke brings that back. When Bo and Woody were there, there was stories of when they would be on the team bus they would fill the bus up with gas in Michigan and would force the drivers to make it back to Michigan before filling up again. There was no red or silver anywhere in the stadium, clock until the ohio state game in the locker room, and 1 practice a week was dedicated to ohio state for the entire season. Woody coined the phrase "That state up north" and "That team up north", so he would not have to say the word "Michigan". He was famous for his intense hatred of all things Michigan and according to legend, once refused to get gas in an empty tank, saying: "No, goddammit! We do NOT pull in and fill up. And I'll tell you exactly why we don't. It's because I don't buy one goddam drop of gas in the state of Michigan! We'll coast and PUSH this goddam car to the Ohio line before I give this state a nickel of my money!" I wish it would be that intense again!

Thread Information