Thread: Oil priming

West Palm Beach FL

Cool Oil priming

Hey guys i just did 2 carb jobs on my skis and i put them all back together
    Problem 1
    They dont start i know i have to prime the system what is the proper way to do this ,Primer bulb ,premix spray bottle
    Also so on my gpr 800 2001 i replaced the oil lines after what appears to be the check valves.
    on my 1200 gp 1999 i just reinstalled the oil lines i did not replace any oil lines they were soft ,like they were new

so what do you guys think is the safest and right way to fire these things up

Madison, WI, USA
    You could premix the first tank of gas at 50:1 if you're worried about not getting oil flowing right away. Thats what I did. It ran fine. It did smoke a little bit but not much.
    There are several ways to prime the fuel system. You could remove the return line and suck gas through the carbs with a vacuum pump, use a primer, you could crank and crank it until gas starts flowing out the return line, or you could use a premix spray bottle to keep the ski running until the fuel starts flowing. There are a few other methods out there also.

West Palm Beach FL

I tried a few things finally made a primer system thing.It still would not prime so i took the exhaust back off pulled the line and pumped it down til fuel poured in a bottle then primed a tiny bit and stuck the hose on the carb ,as i was putting it together i ripped the exhaust boot so i have one on order i will go get it in the morning and try to get it back together tomorrow see what happens .Thanks for the info keep it coming

Thread Information