Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Race filter

Race filter

Im sure this has been asked before but typing race filter in the search engine will pull up about half the post in the forum so I will just ask.

On an unported 1300 would it hurt anything to just open the stock airbox, remove the baskets, remove the dryer venting then put the cover back on?

Im not worried about taking on water since I dont wave jump and have never had water in the hull. It may spark but I dont think its a fire breather.

Would an unported 1300 really be able to use any additional air the race filter may provide? Try to be as unbias as possible. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by porksword View Post
    Im sure this has been asked before but typing race filter in the search engine will pull up about half the post in the forum so I will just ask.

On an unported 1300 would it hurt anything to just open the stock airbox, remove the baskets, remove the dryer venting then put the cover back on?

Im not worried about taking on water since I dont wave jump and have never had water in the hull. It may spark but I dont think its a fire breather.

Would an unported 1300 really be able to use any additional air the race filter may provide? Try to be as unbias as possible. Thanks.
    I have the Riva Race Filter on my 2004 and I do not even have a head yet. Plan on doing that before summer though. It did add speed. Not sure how much because I did many things at once but I gained.

+1
    Porkster, on my 1300 setup (I have an 06 complete engine/computer/pipe in a 2000 GPR hull), I did not notice a difference at first. I took the tubes out and the baskets. What I did notice was that my hole shot and midrange hit a lot harder. I took my bucket out, went for another run, gained another 30 rpms. I cut my visor to get more air into the hull.
    The ski definately loves the air for bottom and midrange. I gained 30 rpms on top end.
    I am getting uni filters from Supermac for my fuel injection system which comes out much cheaper than the race filter. I think the total was $60 shipped from Mac. I'll post pictures up once I get them on the ski, sometime this week.
    SHOOTER

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    Porkster, on my 1300 setup (I have an 06 complete engine/computer/pipe in a 2000 GPR hull), I did not notice a difference at first. I took the tubes out and the baskets. What I did notice was that my hole shot and midrange hit a lot harder. I took my bucket out, went for another run, gained another 30 rpms. I cut my visor to get more air into the hull.
    The ski definately loves the air for bottom and midrange. I gained 30 rpms on top end.
    I am getting uni filters from Supermac for my fuel injection system which comes out much cheaper than the race filter. I think the total was $60 shipped from Mac. I'll post pictures up once I get them on the ski, sometime this week.
    SHOOTER
    Yea, I think I feel the same with mine. I added on a 2005+ pump, 14/20 Dyna, and EFI controller at the same time though.

+1
    That 14/20 dynafly makes a huge difference over the three props I tried on my ski. It pulls really hard on the bottom and midrange. You may need to get that prop repitched to a 14/22, Jim1300 and Richard did a great job with my prop.
    Mac's filters should be in sometime this week, I'll post some pictures up when I get them and some of it installed. At least it will get rid of the black air box and free up some room. The problem with taken those screens out is fear of getting something in the throttle bodies, with Mac's filters, you won't have to worry about that. Plus you'll be able to reach up underneath the pipe and grab a tool if you happen to drop it under the motor.
    SHOOTER

That 14/20 dynafly makes a huge difference over the three props I tried on my ski. It pulls really hard on the bottom and midrange. You may need to get that prop repitched to a 14/22, Jim1300 and Richard did a great job with my prop.

Thats good to know shooter. Im going to be calling jim real soon to mill my stock head, I will have to talk to him about my prop as well. (getting through the holidays first).

The last time ridden the 14/20 was turning 6950-7000. Im scrapping the stock airbox, adding 3 degree key, d-plate, 150psi head, efi controller, and jetworks. I guess I will need a repitch as well. Is 14/22 where you think I should start?

"That 14/20 dynafly makes a huge difference over the three props I tried on my ski. It pulls really hard on the bottom and midrange. You may need to get that prop repitched to a 14/22, Jim1300 and Richard did a great job with my prop."

Thats good to know shooter. Im going to be calling jim real soon to mill my stock head, I will have to talk to him about my prop as well. (getting through the holidays first).

The last time ridden the 14/20 was turning 6950-7000. Im scrapping the stock airbox, adding 3 degree key, d-plate, 150psi head, efi controller, and jetworks. I guess I will need a repitch as well. Is 14/22 where you think I should start?

+1
    Get Jim to redo your head, add all your parts onto it, try the 14/20 and get your stable rpm reading from that. That will be your baseline. From there, Jim will be able to tell you what pitch you can get to.
    As far as removing those baskets, you won't notice a difference UNLESS you pull your bucket out and open up your visor to allow air into the hull. You'll notice a crisper throttle response a little more pull in the mid range and I gained a whopping 30 rpms just from doing that. I cut the bottom part of my visor completely out to get as much air in as possible. My bucket has holes in it as well. Its great improvement throughout the power of the ski. With the baskets out though, its not water you have to worry about, its the crap that gets in your hull that can be sucked into the throttle bodies. I will be posting pictures up soon of Mac's unifilters that I am putting on my ski. It will allow the ski to breath without any restrictions but stop particles and other stuff in the hull from ever getting into the throttle bodies.
    SHOOTER

Thanks shooter, I have 10 I think 1" holes drilled in the air screen with the bucket removed. I know it had to help already even with the baskets in place because before when I hit the throttle the seat would suck down. After the holes and the bucket removed there is no sucking going on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information