Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what motor 1994 XP

Im trying to figure out exactly what motor my 1994 seadoo xp has. What options were there? i was told it was a 580. can someone post up pics of their motor and the size it is on their 94? i cant get any pics for a few days of mine. i dont know if it makes a difference, but my motor is white and has a purple exhaust system. i dont know if different motors were different colors or what.

i also need to figure out why when i hit the start button it just clicks one time. im thinking either a starter relay or a starter solenoid. hopefully not the starter itself.

any help is appreciated! would like to try to take it out once before winter comes. thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by h400exrydr84 View Post
    Im trying to figure out exactly what motor my 1994 seadoo xp has. What options were there? i was told it was a 580. can someone post up pics of their motor and the size it is on their 94? i cant get any pics for a few days of mine. i dont know if it makes a difference, but my motor is white and has a purple exhaust system. i dont know if different motors were different colors or what.

i also need to figure out why when i hit the start button it just clicks one time. im thinking either a starter relay or a starter solenoid. hopefully not the starter itself.

any help is appreciated! would like to try to take it out once before winter comes. thanks!

It's a 717 or ''720'' as it is normally called. It is not a 580. It looks like this...

The click could be the starter, but your motor or pump could also be seized. Grab the PTO and try to spin it over....

+1

When I had my 94 it was a 650. The hull had a green bottom and white top with pink stickers.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kecheme View Post
    When I had my 94 it was a 650. The hull had a green bottom and white top with pink stickers.

Your correct, I was thinking of a 95 for some reason. The 94 was green with a 657.

ok. so i should have a 657. the entire hull has been painted so i dont have a clue wat color it originally was.

and i can turn the motor over just by turning the PTO by hand. so hopefully the motor is fine.

and what is that orange thing at the front of the motor? mine doesnt have that.

My 93 XP has a 647 - this winter a 717 going in its place

+1
    and i can turn the motor over just by turning the PTO by hand. so hopefully the motor is fine.
    and what is that orange thing at the front of the motor? mine doesnt have that.

You should be able to bar the motor over by hand.

The orange bracket was just a plug wire/cap hanger.

alright. so wat should i try first....a starter relay, solenoid, or the actual starter? what is more likely

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information