Winterizing my 97 SPX

Nubie here. Bought a used 97 SPX and had a put a new motor in it after it sunk do to a leak in the exhaust manifold, but that's another story in itself.
    I have boated my entire life, but am new to PWC and the SeaDoo 787.
    My question is what needs to be done to properly winterize this? I purchased the hose adaptor, but I'm really not sure what to do with it?

My thought is to add stabil to to gas and make sure it is at least 3/4 full. and that I have run it enough to get fuel through the carbs.
    Then, on the trailer, run it with the hose adaptor until it is thouroughly warm then shut off the water and run a few moments until the waterbox is empty and fog the carbs (not sure what I need to remove to do this) until it stalls. Shut off the gas and store indoors with the seat off...

This is just a wild guess at this point, but I am basing it off my outboard procedure.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    you can leave the seat on. you are on the right track though. you need to pull the plugs and fog the cylinders too. what you need to do is look by your battery in the bottom of the hull. there is a clear line that goes to your exhaust. you need to fold that line in half and zip tie it. then you need to take the line off the water in side of the head and get another hose and a funnel and add RV antifreeze. you can add about a quart or so.

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    you can leave the seat on. you are on the right track though. you need to pull the plugs and fog the cylinders too. what you need to do is look by your battery in the bottom of the hull. there is a clear line that goes to your exhaust. you need to fold that line in half and zip tie it. then you need to take the line off the water in side of the head and get another hose and a funnel and add RV antifreeze. you can add about a quart or so.
    Can't I use the hose adaptor to add antifreeze? I have a tank that I used to use on I/Os that would hook directly to the hose adaptor.

Thread Information