+1

Jfizzle / Riva water routing in a GPRXP

Is this right? It should be but I want to make sure. Sorry Hydrotoys I jacked your picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	252981  

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    This is just my opinion. But that is way wrong.

Your water in should be going to the waterpump block off plate. It then comes out top of the engine through the head and thermostat, then dumped over board. The way you have drawn it, the water in would get to the thermostat and stop. I run the water off the top of the J-pipe into the oil cooler, but it is also restricted down to 4-6mm with a fitting in the line. Just because its an Seadoo Motor in a Yamaha hull there is no need to do anything differently.

I also split my water coming in after the IC so the IC gets lots of cold water. I then split it to the engine and exhaust, running a slightly smaller line to the engine. I also relieve some water off at the blockoff plate and dump it over board in an atempt to reduce pressure with-in the block. I can run a constant 190f at WOT off the head for hours during enduros. And while rec riding temps sit at 165f. Any water temp.

Hope this is helpful

looks wrong to me to

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP244 View Post
    This is just my opinion. But that is way wrong.

Your water in should be going to the waterpump block off plate. It then comes out top of the engine through the head and thermostat, then dumped over board. The way you have drawn it, the water in would get to the thermostat and stop. I run the water off the top of the J-pipe into the oil cooler, but it is also restricted down to 4mm with a fitting in the line. Just because its an Seadoo Motor in a Yamaha hull there is no need to do anything differently.

I also split my water coming in after the IC so the IC gets lots of cold water. I then split it to the engine and exhaust, running a slightly smaller line to the engine. I also relieve some water off at the blockoff plate and dump it over board in an atempt to reduce pressure with-in the block. I can run a constant 190f at WOT off the head for hours during enduros. And while rec riding temps sit at 165f. Any water temp.

Hope this is helpful

I dont get it this how we have run ALL of the GPRXPs. All I did was replace the ball valve with a thermostat......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvnspeed View Post
    I dont get it this how we have run ALL of the GPRXPs. All I did was replace the ball valve with a thermostat......
    The ball valve limited the amount of water going into the engine.

A thermostat works on the principle of controlling the amount of water that leaves the engine, thus controlling the water temp. The engine is filled from the bottom with a controlled amount of cold water and the thermostat will bleed off the water from the top when it reaches the required temp and has a constant supply of new water coming in from the bottom through the block off plate. The thermostat will allow the engine to run at a very consistant temperature regardless of the temp of the incoming water.

+1
    Here is how I ran it on my RXP. Should work on any conversion running J-Pipe

Name:	WaterFlow.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	253031  

+1
    Your probally right on a RXP but this is a GPR witha RXP pump and a Phillip adaptor..... I revised my drawing is this better?

Name:	water.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	253045  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvnspeed View Post
    Your probally right on a RXP but this is a GPR witha RXP pump and a Phillip adaptor..... I revised my drawing is this better?
    Looks like that will work well.

We also have run the water exiting the head through the thermo straight to the oil cooler. Works well provided there is not too much pressure in the line. The water is nice and hot and keeps the oil temp under control. Is there any reason that you are running the jetworks valve off the block off. Is it to keep the water pressure up in the engine and only bleed off over a certain PSI? Remember the water pressure in the engine only needs to around 13-15psi. Just needs to have good supply to replace whats leaving out the top.

I think that will run just fine.

+1
    Yea the jet works will be set at 10psi to keep the pressures down on the motor.

Thread Information