09-12-2011, 04:47 PM #1
I understand everyone has a little different twist in "winterizing" SeaDoos. Need some very basic understanding maybe from 96xpss of what is meant by changing the "pump" oil. One where is it, two how do you get to it, three do you need any special "tools" to drain and refill?
As usual this forum is fantastic for the wealth of expertise. I thank you in advance!
09-12-2011, 08:24 PM #2
heres how you change the pump oil.
1. remove the venturi and steering nozzle. this all comes off in one piece.
2. take the three bolts out of the nose cone on the back of the pump
3. order a new o ring thats behind the nose cone.
4. let all the gear oil run out.
5. replace nose cone and oring.
6 there is a small set screw off center of straight up. maybe 2 o clock. you will need a small allen wrench to remove.
7. use standard gear oil say 80W90
8. fill till it comes out the hole.
9 reinstall venturi and steering nozzle.
09-12-2011, 10:50 PM #3
09-13-2011, 04:00 PM #4
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By egman2005 in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 15Last Post: 12-14-2009, 07:53 PM
By JonnyRXT in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 0Last Post: 10-03-2009, 01:39 PM
By soccerkikr in forum Polaris How To & FAQsReplies: 4Last Post: 04-20-2009, 08:54 AM
By Keddano in forum Polaris How To & FAQsReplies: 4Last Post: 11-01-2008, 08:06 PM
By Keddano in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-08-2008, 10:52 PM