+1

APC Intake Manifold ?

How are they working with a SC and 20lbs of boost

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    i am running a turbo..and it works well..

not mine but i know at least one is going to the world finals..

Banned User
    +1
    louis i bet.... to bad from what i've seen lately everyone doing big things just gets questioned by everyone thinking their results.... more so doubting them, makes people kinda bitter so i understand why people buying these dont really share info. No need to people just hate

+1
    Yeh I remember when Louis first posted up about the Mani, he said drivability mas much much better then his short runner mani, said all up power seemed to be about the same. Overall it seemed he liked it.

R88

it is and expensive kinda big dog..part and not many need them even less have them...in know of 2 that have them but havnt even finished ther skis..so they arnt being hush hush they just dont know yet..

i was hanging with louis..this past weekend..yes team means carbon gti has one..i got the privilage to ride it..it was stupid fast..the turbo set up is similar to mine..just runnning a haltec on that boat..who knows what rpm ..the only guage was a boost gage..LOL but something to be said for loosing 200 lbs.. it was as drivable as my boat has ever been even before the turbo....yes he is happy with it he has had it on a flow bench and it is still on the boat......he did say to clean up the welds on the inside of the runners..though.....

i am running one as well on my boat..i am runing the riva ecu ..and a power commander for fueling..i am absolutly a rec boat... it seems as drivable as the oem manifold..i have ridden the short runner manifolds..they are kinda like a light switch..so far i am happy with mine as well.

+1
    So i guess know one has run one with a super charger yet.I know it works with a turbo

Moderated
    Quote Originally Posted by iron head View Post
    So i guess know one has run one with a super charger yet.I know it works with a turbo
    why would you need one with an SC setup?

the stock mani works fine with 20lb.....or if you really wanted you could get a les cook modded for less than a APC....and use the saved cash elsewhere.

I have been running the APC manifold for a few months now with a ET140 charger and XS cooler.
    I got it cause my friend makes it , also i thought stock manis were starting to crack at only +15psi.

I did not notice any net gains or loss of RPMs from the mani itself. Throttle response feels similar to stock mani across the range, maybe a lil bit harder on top.
    Real benefit is i am getting less heat fade thanks to the water-cooled flange. I used to lose up to 300 RPM after 1 hour of hard riding in our +90F temps , but now i dont seem to lose much (<100), or any at all early morning when our temps are only in the 80s.

Overall it s a nice piece and I am satisfied. Now i want a water-cooled charger housing

Cheers

agree if you get one... do a little work around the injector..make it look like the oem manifold in that area..flow bench stuff..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PETRUS View Post
    I have been running the APC manifold for a few months now with a ET140 charger and XS cooler.
    I got it cause my friend makes it , also i thought stock manis were starting to crack at only +15psi.

I did not notice any net gains or loss of RPMs from the mani itself. Throttle response feels similar to stock mani across the range, maybe a lil bit harder on top.
    Real benefit is i am getting less heat fade thanks to the water-cooled flange. I used to lose up to 300 RPM after 1 hour of hard riding in our +90F temps , but now i dont seem to lose much (<100), or any at all early morning when our temps are only in the 80s.

Overall it s a nice piece and I am satisfied. Now i want a water-cooled charger housing

Cheers
    thanks

Thread Information