Polaris mfd repair problems

Hey guys, I just picked up a sl750 and a slt750. Both displays were not working. I got the slt750 fixed but I am having issues with the sl750. I have tried cleaning it and still nothing. I found this IC on the board which looks like it may be fried. Can anyone verify this?
    http://www.hardwoodginseng.com/image...s/P9120020.JPG
    http://www.hardwoodginseng.com/image...s/P9120021.JPG
    Is there anywhere I can order a new IC? Otherwise can I get a new board without replacing the whole unit? Anyone got one for sale?

Thanks,
    Kyle

+1
    Looks like it lost its magic smoke......

The MFDs aren't considered serviceable and thus no parts are listed for them. Unless you can match the chip to something available from an electronics supplier, you're SOL.

I have several MFDs with slight fading that I've been looking for time to cut open and repair....but I don't have any that don't actually work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bgaidan View Post
    The MFDs aren't considered serviceable and thus no parts are listed for them. Unless you can match the chip to something available from an electronics supplier, you're SOL.

I have several MFDs with slight fading that I've been looking for time to cut open and repair....but I don't have any that don't actually work at all.
    You wouldn't happen to be wanting to sell one of them would you?

The IC (chip) is a Motorola LMT324D. Looks like it's available from Digi-key.com for about $1.39 each. Other suppliers may also have it. The problem is that something else on the board may have caused this chip to fail (big time). If you replace it, it could fail again. Without a schematic available for these MFD's it almost impossible to trouble shoot to the component level. I would suggest you look for a replacememt board.

After reading the tread it looks like you already have.

Good luck

Awesome! I will order one of them and let you guys know if it works. I will also check other things on the board just in case not to blow the new one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ki5pm View Post
    Looks like it's available from Digi-key.com for about $1.39 each.
    Would you happen to have a link to that digikey page? I can only seem to find it on quest but they want $25 min order.

Sorry, I just saw your request. Hope this info is not to late for you.

Newark Electronics has the IC and they have no minimum purchase. The below link will bring you to the Newark page with the IC info. They do not have Motorola but do have a exact replacement Texas Instruments LM324D. Newark part# is 72K8847. Make sure you order the TI one. It's voltage range is up to 16V. The first one is listed at 15V max.

The last one (third) is listed at 32Vmax. You can compare the two and decide which one you want. they are only about 45 cents each.

Let me know what you find.

US - Electronic Components Distributor | Newark.com

Thread Information