Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jerry, Jerry, Jerry jerryspringer's Avatar
    +1

riva xxx charger - 2007 rxp charger upgrade

hey guys

just picked up another ski and wanna add some hp... this stuff gets quite confusing so hopefully i ll have a few guys chime in with some suggestions tips etc...

after doing a bit of reading im trying to get the best bang for buck plus i wanna try and keep it simple , heres what setup i came up with...

xxx riva charger
    riva injectors 50 lbs
    light weight retainers
    ecu remap 8650
    Riva fuel pressure regulator
    14/19 solas prop
    worx intake grate
    ride plate holes filed

(i dont wanna change air intake due to riding conditions (off shore and bay)

do riva sell this stuff as a kit??????

your thoughts... what sort of speeds would i be getting???? (approx ofcourse)

any better suggestions???

thanks

+1
    Your gonna need a 15-20+ prop and your gonna use the stock air intake? If so you are gonna have to moniter A/F close as I dont know of many running the stock air intake..

+1
    The stock intake is already restrictive and you want to try to feed a huge supercharger with it? Try breathing through a straw and you will get an idea of what I mean. I understand you want to be safe but the the only time you have to worry about water ingestion is with rear air. Do yourself a huge favor and get a 4" intake. Keep the inlet off the bottom of the engine compartment and you will be fine. Zip tie it up nice an high and never worry about it. Make it yourself or order the Fizzle.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HardmanGT View Post
    The stock intake is already restrictive and you want to try to feed a huge supercharger with it? Try breathing through a straw and you will get an idea of what I mean. I understand you want to be safe but the the only time you have to worry about water ingestion is with rear air. Do yourself a huge favor and get a 4" intake. Keep the inlet off the bottom of the engine compartment and you will be fine. Zip tie it up nice an high and never worry about it. Make it yourself or order the Fizzle.
    A big +1. You would be robbing yourself of a lot of HP by running such a restrictive intake on that charger.

+1
    Also, you didn't mention an external intercooler in there anywhere. You would certainly need one with that charger.

Another thing.. I dont know how long a charger that big is going to hold up in offshore conditions, It might be quite costly to maintain.

+1
    I run almost the same set up ....

Ext Intercooler a must with that XXX SC , a Solas 15/22 prop with a bit of pitch work will get u 80mph + and 4inch intake a must ...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHER View Post
    I run almost the same set up ....

Ext Intercooler a must with that XXX SC , a Solas 15/22 prop with a bit of pitch work will get u 80mph + and 4inch intake a must ...
    Absolutely!!! Need to go 4 inch air NO QUESTION!

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Also, you didn't mention an external intercooler in there anywhere. You would certainly need one with that charger.

Another thing.. I dont know how long a charger that big is going to hold up in offshore conditions, It might be quite costly to maintain.
    big wheel like that will cause lots of wear on its clutches & shaft when becoming unhooked.

JD
    +1
    maybe someone could give me some info about RIVA XXX. now have XX, and planing to race in close course next summer. is it worse paying 1700 $ for XXX or some other alternatives ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryspringer View Post
    hey guys

just picked up another ski and wanna add some hp... this stuff gets quite confusing so hopefully i ll have a few guys chime in with some suggestions tips etc...

after doing a bit of reading im trying to get the best bang for buck plus i wanna try and keep it simple , heres what setup i came up with...

xxx riva charger
    riva injectors 50 lbs
    light weight retainers
    ecu remap 8650
    Riva fuel pressure regulator
    14/19 solas prop
    worx intake grate
    ride plate holes filed

(i dont wanna change air intake due to riding conditions (off shore and bay)

do riva sell this stuff as a kit??????

your thoughts... what sort of speeds would i be getting???? (approx ofcourse)

any better suggestions???

thanks
    Do your self a big favor and stay away from those Riva 50s or you'll be rebuilding the engine. Take this advice or leave it, if you dont take it I promise you'll remember this post!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information