Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Jerry, Jerry, Jerry jerryspringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    248
    +1
    8

    riva xxx charger - 2007 rxp charger upgrade

    hey guys

    just picked up another ski and wanna add some hp... this stuff gets quite confusing so hopefully i ll have a few guys chime in with some suggestions tips etc...

    after doing a bit of reading im trying to get the best bang for buck plus i wanna try and keep it simple , heres what setup i came up with...

    xxx riva charger
    riva injectors 50 lbs
    light weight retainers
    ecu remap 8650
    Riva fuel pressure regulator
    14/19 solas prop
    worx intake grate
    ride plate holes filed

    (i dont wanna change air intake due to riding conditions (off shore and bay)

    do riva sell this stuff as a kit??????

    your thoughts... what sort of speeds would i be getting???? (approx ofcourse)

    any better suggestions???

    thanks


  2. #2
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,064
    +1
    790
    Your gonna need a 15-20+ prop and your gonna use the stock air intake? If so you are gonna have to moniter A/F close as I dont know of many running the stock air intake..

  3. #3
    HardmanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Rutherfordton, NC
    Posts
    459
    +1
    3
    The stock intake is already restrictive and you want to try to feed a huge supercharger with it? Try breathing through a straw and you will get an idea of what I mean. I understand you want to be safe but the the only time you have to worry about water ingestion is with rear air. Do yourself a huge favor and get a 4" intake. Keep the inlet off the bottom of the engine compartment and you will be fine. Zip tie it up nice an high and never worry about it. Make it yourself or order the Fizzle.

  4. #4
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by HardmanGT View Post
    The stock intake is already restrictive and you want to try to feed a huge supercharger with it? Try breathing through a straw and you will get an idea of what I mean. I understand you want to be safe but the the only time you have to worry about water ingestion is with rear air. Do yourself a huge favor and get a 4" intake. Keep the inlet off the bottom of the engine compartment and you will be fine. Zip tie it up nice an high and never worry about it. Make it yourself or order the Fizzle.
    A big +1. You would be robbing yourself of a lot of HP by running such a restrictive intake on that charger.

  5. #5
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Also, you didn't mention an external intercooler in there anywhere. You would certainly need one with that charger.

    Another thing.. I dont know how long a charger that big is going to hold up in offshore conditions, It might be quite costly to maintain.

  6. #6
    SLASHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA
    Posts
    3,263
    +1
    474
    I run almost the same set up ....

    Ext Intercooler a must with that XXX SC , a Solas 15/22 prop with a bit of pitch work will get u 80mph + and 4inch intake a must ...

  7. #7
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHER View Post
    I run almost the same set up ....

    Ext Intercooler a must with that XXX SC , a Solas 15/22 prop with a bit of pitch work will get u 80mph + and 4inch intake a must ...
    Absolutely!!! Need to go 4 inch air NO QUESTION!

  8. #8
    Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    2,999
    +1
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Also, you didn't mention an external intercooler in there anywhere. You would certainly need one with that charger.

    Another thing.. I dont know how long a charger that big is going to hold up in offshore conditions, It might be quite costly to maintain.
    big wheel like that will cause lots of wear on its clutches & shaft when becoming unhooked.

  9. #9
    JD
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    100
    +1
    4
    maybe someone could give me some info about RIVA XXX. now have XX, and planing to race in close course next summer. is it worse paying 1700 $ for XXX or some other alternatives ?

  10. #10
    dnielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,018
    +1
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryspringer View Post
    hey guys

    just picked up another ski and wanna add some hp... this stuff gets quite confusing so hopefully i ll have a few guys chime in with some suggestions tips etc...

    after doing a bit of reading im trying to get the best bang for buck plus i wanna try and keep it simple , heres what setup i came up with...

    xxx riva charger
    riva injectors 50 lbs
    light weight retainers
    ecu remap 8650
    Riva fuel pressure regulator
    14/19 solas prop
    worx intake grate
    ride plate holes filed

    (i dont wanna change air intake due to riding conditions (off shore and bay)

    do riva sell this stuff as a kit??????

    your thoughts... what sort of speeds would i be getting???? (approx ofcourse)

    any better suggestions???

    thanks
    Do your self a big favor and stay away from those Riva 50s or you'll be rebuilding the engine. Take this advice or leave it, if you dont take it I promise you'll remember this post!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 Speedster 200 - ET137 Riva xx charger upgrade - thoughts?
    By Frankenboost in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 12:08 PM
  2. RIVA XX Charger upgrade
    By dragobrat in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 03:35 PM
  3. Riva X charger upgrade????
    By troyheb in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 10:01 PM
  4. riva X charger upgrade?
    By jake2582 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 07:13 PM
  5. Riva X-Charger Upgrade
    By Antiguan FZR in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 07:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •