Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

What would you do?

I just bought 2 yamaha 2000 suv with brown engine. The first one can start but have no compression on 2 cylinders. I open it and see that I need a top end rebuilt kit and a cylinder head, the old cylinder head has too much pitting on them.

When i start to take apart the second SUV. I notice that the hot rod on the center piston is broken and it make a hole on the the engine crankcase. The cylinder have a big chip off the center cylinder. However the cylinder head is in good condition and so i can use it on the first SUV.

So now i have a SUV without engine......what with you do with this SUV? new engine, sell as parts or upgrade it to a new 4 stroke motor?
    I am think about putting in a 4 sroke motor but is there alot of things i need to change or i can just swap in a 4 stroke motor.
    Last edited by birdgod; 09-15-2011 at 01:07 AM.

+1

engine

I have an engine for a SUV that I just had rebuilt and never even used its actually still in the box. make me an offer for it and its yours its complete and ready to drop in

+1
    Cool, can you send me some pic. I am not sure about the price can you tell me how much you want for it?

+1
    i dont know how to send pictures on here but if you show me how, or give me a phone number that gets picture messages or an email addrerss ill send it there. as for the price i think i paid around 1400 for it last year do you think 1,000 shipped is fair?

+1
    Is the engine complete? I just need the engine block, shopsbt.com only sell it for $900+ with one year warranty. You can see it here http://www.shopsbt.com/yam-2000-suv/40-405NB.html

+1
    Yeah I see that, but that does not include shipping and they charge you shipping each way at around $75.00 each way. plus you have to send in your old engine. I was going to sell you the engine for 1000.00 shipped to your door no core charge But you also said you have cracked cases and you will also have to buy new cases because they won't take cracked cases unless they can be welded which they usually charge you a fee of 200.00 for. whatever you want to do let me know

+1
    Oh I see, I will get it from you then, can you lower the price a little bit? thanks.
    and how do we complete the transection?

+1
    Where are you located ill check how muckh it will cost to ship it to you. if you send me your old core ill take something off for that

+1
    I am in overland park, ks 66212.

+1
    The old core engine is pretty much gone. the only useable parts will be the cylinder by you need to resleve the middle one. also the bottom part of the crank case.
    the cylinder head have lots of pitting
    the upper crank case had a hole where the hot rod shot through.
    have you check you engine yet, the one I got is 66G

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information