Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

How many retards (other than me) run 8800-up rpms

And did not use head studs or block guard? What where the results after 10-20hrs?
    I am "pushing water" again but this time it's the ski and not a 4 wheeled toy that was over-sprayed on the dyno

Since the head is coming off, it will be replaced with a 07 head that's on it's way to slow91 for some of his port-magic, and a new cam and set of head studs with a new gasket are sitting in my box along with the rockershaft bolts and a block guard. I have had this stuff for some time now but was holding out until I had this head ported.

I already know the specifics of using the studs and the clearance issue at the valve cover, re-torque x2 etc. I just wanted to know if anyone has ever gotten away with this on stock head bolts or am I the only retard? I feel sofa king we todd it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    And did not use head studs or block guard? What where the results after 10-20hrs?
    I am "pushing water" again but this time it's the ski and not a 4 wheeled toy that was over-sprayed on the dyno

Since the head is coming off, it will be replaced with a 07 head that's on it's way to slow91 for some of his port-magic, and a new cam and set of head studs with a new gasket are sitting in my box along with the rockershaft bolts and a block guard. I have had this stuff for some time now but was holding out until I had this head ported.

I already know the specifics of using the studs and the clearance issue at the valve cover, re-torque x2 etc. I just wanted to know if anyone has ever gotten away with this on stock head bolts or am I the only retard? I feel sofa king we todd it
    Slow91 does some good work on the porting. I had him port my head early this season. End of last season when air and water temps were cold I had to bend the Solas 15/22R 3mm to get to 8550 rpm. This season with ported head, added a torque plate, and a new untouched 15/22R I am spinning 8440-8460. Air temps were in the low to mid 90s. Waiting on the temps to drop even more so I can see where i'm at in cooler weather again. Seems like a lot of gains for just porting and adding the torque plate but the numbers are there. Next mod will be the TB porting?

+1
    seems like the next place to go looking for restriction. When the boost pressure drops way down and the power goes up u know u got it right with the air flow....

+1
    seems like the next place to go looking for restriction. When the boost pressure drops way down and the power goes up u know u got it right with the air flow....
    Perfect description.........

+1

Not quite 8800.... 8760-8780... 81 MPH... No issues yet. Going to install the ET 140 charger next week...

+1

No block guard, full riva valvetrain with stock lightened valves at the moment running in 9k area. The first go around with studs, riva ecu and riva headgasket it blew torqued @85ftlbs. Second go around another riva gasket and erik decked and cleaned up my head and torqued to 95ftlbs and checked twice. IMO use a stock gasket and torque to 95ftlbs.

I know there are plenty of peeps running stock bolts with 9k or so here they just have not posted yet. Im open loop now so Ill never know if the gasket is holding or not i suppose.

+1
    I know a guy shit we all know this guy he's running over 9 grand with stock valve train He did Lightnen His valves lol

+1
    Running up on the rev limiter can pop a head gasket quick, too.

+1
    but this time it's the ski and not a 4 wheeled toy that was over-sprayed on the dyno
    I remember that day

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I remember that day
    I hit it w/ a LOT of spray though, and thought I was the man until I saw the coolant spraying on the floor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information