Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waste Gate Actuator Valve purchase availability

I'm brand new to PWC's but I find it hard to believe Honda can't sell just the wastegate actuator valve without the whole turbo. So I called our local Honda dealer and asked and yes they sell the Turbo Assembly for $3000 plus labor but not the $200 valve. Now my question is has anyone found a generic part number that fits? I find these valves all over the internet in the same boost range for as low as $40 bucks. Some have adjustable arms.

Has anyone found another actuator part no. that works?

Doe anyone know the working parameters of the Honda valve? (I heard they fully open between 7-8psi).

I have a new mission in life... find this part...,

Ok that didn't really require the above outburst. See H20xtreme <[email protected]>. He can supply. Thanks JRinJAX, I found in one of your posts

+1
    The great thing is that Ramon is a great guy to do business with.

I get the actuator on H20 xtreme, Ramon can help you!

So far he's been awesome. He need to update hi domain name hard to find him thru normal search engines.

I'm drafting a complaint against Honda with the BBB, it a crime to sell a $3000K turbo and refuse to sell a $150 valve.

+1
    It is not Honda's fault, it is IHI/Garret that won't sell the parts individually. Honda has no leverage since they were not volume purchasers and have since quit production.

I know the lawyers can get sticky but I find it hard to believe they can't source from another supplier, especially with their pull. But all's good. I can't say how much I appreciate your help. I've only been an owner for a week but looking at a $4k bill to just fix one of my two skis had me wondering how much longer I'd be doing this.

Pulled the air hose to the turbo this week (while I was waiting for a new wastegate) and the turbo wasn't spinning. A quick spray or CRC and a light touch and it freed up nicely. As one of you guys suggested! Took the ski out to test her with the freed up turbo and she ran right up to about 45 with issues and would have pulled more but I didn't want to go into an overboost condition. So the good news is, with luck, she be good to go with a wastegate and member solenoid.

Thanks all for the help. We're getting there

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by EricDen View Post
    Pulled the air hose to the turbo this week (while I was waiting for a new wastegate) and the turbo wasn't spinning. A quick spray or CRC and a light touch and it freed up nicely. As one of you guys suggested! Took the ski out to test her with the freed up turbo and she ran right up to about 45 with issues and would have pulled more but I didn't want to go into an overboost condition. So the good news is, with luck, she be good to go with a wastegate and member solenoid.

Thanks all for the help. We're getting there
    Once you get it right and then do corrosion control, your Honda will be a dream.....

I use about a can of CRC after every ride.....hahaha. Thanks again for your help. If you see two Honda tooling around DR's Lake pull over and say hi! (We'll be in GC Black Creek on Friday)

By the way the manual says to dry the engine after you hose it off, I used a leaf blower on low to dry things off. See any reason why not??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information