Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

so I bought this POS ski from a member of this board... help me diagnose the issues.

I bought a 2007 RXP from a member of this board. He claimed that everything worked perfectly and it had no issues... Which it did work perfectly for about 1 hour. Now I'm dealing with headaches.

2007 RXP
    fizzle intercooler
    kanaflex 4" front air intake
    42 lb. injectors
    upgraded supercharger wheel
    different impeller
    different sponsons
    through hull exhaust
    umi handlebars/finger throttle
    probably a few things I'm leaving out.

The first problem was with the VTS. When you adjust it all the way down, it get's stuck. Easy solution...leave it in the middle. Expensive solution...replace the bad parts...$500.

Next, I switched from the rear air set up to the front air set up so that I had less chance of ingesting water... $200. After switching I lost about 300 rpms, so now the ski will only turn about 7800 rpms. I checked and double checked all of the connections and everything seems to be tight. Any insight would be appreciated.

Then I started noticing that when I would go WOT, I would get fucking shocked. Obviously there is a bad ground or some exposed wire somewhere. I think I fixed that issue by wrapping a bunch of electrical tape on all wires leading to the handlebars, but I'm not positive.

Then the aftermarket bilge pumps quit working. That was an easy fix. Some genius wired 2 2.5 amp bilge pumps up and used a 3 amp fuse. I replaced the 3 amp fuse with a 5 amp fuse and they now seem to be working.

Finally, after the bilge pumps quit working I started noticing a bunch of water was leaking into the hull. Water basically fills the hull if I ride aggressively. Water doesn't come into the hull while I'm just floating, but as soon as I start getting on it water enters the hull. I've tried sealing some areas that I thought might be the culprits with epoxy and gaskets, but I've had no luck so far. After sealing the hull better I was greeted with a PO 116, which I'm not sure if that is because of the heat staying in the hull or just an issue that is always going to happen to Sea Doos.

The water thing has me most concerned. Where should I begin looking? It has something to do with the moving parts on the ski, but I'm at a loss. Thanks for any help.

+1
    First thing I would check for the water coming into the hull is the bailer check valves. If they are laying In the bottom of the hull it will cause water to come in from the pump. They need to be secured up high. They look like 90 degree elbows with clear tubing.

+1
    replace carbon ring thats where the water coming from

+1
    Wow man, did you realize you where buying a USED ski? I mean, the worst I see happening is the p0116 code which is that you have a faulty engine temp sensor. But the rest are very minimal, especially the intake thing.

Going back to the p0116 code, does your engine run open loop?(does it run coolant or not)

+1
    Get a factory service manual

+1
    Oh and your water in the hull can be from a bad carbon ring, motor unaligned or broken motor mount.

+1
    bro, most of the issues you are describing I would not deem the fault of the seller.

+1
    You will also loose rpms from heat and humidity and not having the correct pitched prop

+1
    And you can pick up a working vts for much less than 500 bucks

+1
    Boy I wish I had you problems I replaced everything but the hull on my 2006 with 49 hours.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information