Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ultra 250 fuel problem?

I have a 08 ultra 250 that runs perfect for the first 10 minutes at wot. Then it starts surging and slows down more and more. If I kill the ski and let it sit a few seconds it runs perfect again for a short while then does the same thing. It will run at 5000 rpm all day long. I am thinking it may be a stopped up filter or a bad fuel pump. Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2old2paddle View Post
    I have a 08 ultra 250 that runs perfect for the first 10 minutes at wot. Then it starts surging and slows down more and more. If I kill the ski and let it sit a few seconds it runs perfect again for a short while then does the same thing. It will run at 5000 rpm all day long. I am thinking it may be a stopped up filter or a bad fuel pump. Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks
    air horn on the entry to the airbox

it suck against the RH inside of the hull

Waz

Pulled the ar horn out. No difference and checked all hoses

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Pulled the ar horn out. No difference and checked all hoses
    well put a FP gauge in line , FP should stay 42ish Lbs

Check the exhaust silicone sleeve at the 1st waterbox
    and the black rubber ones on the rest, they could be leaking and filing the hull with EXH fumes causing engine to bog etc

Belt tension on Supercharger
    need to see if its A fuel,air ,electrical prob

Waz

Banned User
    +1
    Check ur plug wires. With the ski running grab each wire if there shorting out u will feel it. Another way to check if it's exhaust leak is ride with the seat off if problem goes away with seat off then u found your problem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Check ur plug wires. With the ski running grab each wire if there shorting out u will feel it. Another way to check if it's exhaust leak is ride with the seat off if problem goes away with seat off then u found your problem.
    +1
    I have this problem quite often on my LX. The short rubber coupling between the ex manifold and the waterbox gets a hole burnt into it and I have the exact same issues. I know it is a completely different plumbing than the 250 but.... Definately sounds like an exhaust leak. Check all of your hoses in the exhaust system for holes or loose clamps. Lots of places for this if all stock. Be sure to check everywhere that nothing has rubbed a hole in anything.

Ran the ski with the seat off no difference. Plugs are brand new fuel pressure is 45#s.All hoses are tight boost is at 10#s steady, only falls accordingly with rpm. Checked tank vent hose. When it starts surging it sounds like you are fanning the throttle.

Just talked to Sirbreaksalot on the phone and he straightened me out. I am now on the right path to diagnose this problem I just wanted to thank him and tell everyone that he really knows these skis. I will post the results next week.

Banned User
    +1
    Just talked to Sirbreaksalot on the phone and he straightened me out. I am now on the right path to diagnose this problem I just wanted to thank him and tell everyone that he really knows these skis. I will post the results next week.
    Pfft he's a hack don't listen to that guy he don't know nada

Just changed the ecu from another perfectly running 250. Same thing no difference

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information