Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

power commander for your jet ski..

for those of you who dont ventur to the do side i have been building a turbo setup

power commander makes one for a 1200 cc 4 tec..it used the same tps and is a 3 cylinder as well..so i ent out aon a limb and i got one..

i needed to modify it a little buy changing the injector plugs...very simple..

anyway it is really cool ...it has an auto tune feature..so it tunes your ski for you ...it allows you to set up a table of where you want the af to be at any given rpm and boost leve it picks up from rpm the injector pulse..and the voltage comming off the varible output from the map sensor..it wil pull up to 250% fuel so you can run those huge injectors...and add up to 100% or static open which ever comes first...and goes between the ecu and the injectors so the ecu wll not throw any codes..with the dash it will data log..so far it is woking very well...i have an issue with my map sensor not seeing over 12 psi but it brought the low in in perfect..you set your tael and go out and ride it easy ...the powercommander watches the af if it sees the af isnt what you ask it to be ant any given rpm or boost level ..it does the math and adjust the injector pulse to get it closer ..i have the max trim set at 20% at any given time ..then you go int accept the trims and go ride it somemore..until it is perfect..then you can disconnect the auto tune and you are perfect..
    if you add more mods just put the auto tune back in and it will recofigure it allowing you to get the most of you modifications...and the best fuel ecomomy possible..when you ride nice...so you no longer need to deal with bad fuel economy and poor throddle response..because you have to have the top end rightso it doesnt blow up.. the low end suffers..even with aftermarket ecu s they arnt a one tune fits all becaues every modded ski is modded differently...and we alllive in different parts of the country..

anyway i have mine.and have no ties to dynojet..but i think it is a cool product..

go to the dynojet site and look...and if you think it would be a god product for the pwc market..shoot this guy an nice e mail...expressing your intrests in a plug and play power commander for your ski...

[email protected]

+1
    Unless it increases the rev limiter, there isn't really any gain for the 1800cc SHO platform. Just better fuel economy I suppose. Good info though

more for modded skis..you are correct...but the yamis are very lean from the factory from what i hear..you could make more power ..just buy adding a little fuel..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    more for modded skis..you are correct...but the yamis are very lean from the factory from what i hear..you could make more power ..just buy adding a little fuel..
    Nope, other way around. They are very rich from the factory. Actually, even on a modded ski with a reflash the fuel economy typically increases... unless you are making big boost.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Nope, other way around. They are very rich from the factory. Actually, even on a modded ski with a reflash the fuel economy typically increases... unless you are making big boost.
    +1 I saw a nice increase in fuel economy with the reflash.

either way you could bring it in with this and ajust for and mods...in the futrure.

its interesting and doable to use a power commander from the motorcycle side of things. essentially its just a piggyback fuel computer between the ecu and the injectors. one thing nice is it actually interupts the injector signal from the ecu and sends out a new signal through its own injector wiring. but what is it doing for timing? since the power commander is interupting the map signal also it is hiding boost from the ecu and sending it a signal voltage it will be happy with and not throw any check engine lights or hit boost cut if the stock ecu has that feature. but just wondering if changine the map voltage to run larger injectors is a good idea. because the map voltage has a big part in the rpm vs load table in the fuel map for controlling fuel and timing.
    the autotune is nice but is it using a a/f guage built in? there are similar piggy back fuel computers that do the same thing made by different manufacturers. believe motec , aem, apexi, and few others from the automotive world all have something.

yes there are others..i just hpeen to be using one on my ski..

the power commander doesnt interupt the map siganl ...it only sees what it is..and uses it as a referance..

i have used others that change the voltage from the map ..that does affect timinng ect...and like to send trouble codes to the ecu ..usually thinking it had a bad map sensor..

you are correct..in ..... it goes between the ecu and the injectors..and changes the duration of the pulse..but the ecu never know it is there ..

i cant adjust timing as of yet..they have timing controler for the bikes..so i guess it could work..

+1
    We have been using these for years on PWC's.

i modified mine to work..works very well ...it would be nice if they would just put the right plugs on them for us

how hard wouldit reallly be the boxes are all the same.. in had mine modified in less than an hour..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information