Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

power commander for the pwc market

power commander for your jet ski..
    for those of you who dont ventur to the do side i have been building a turbo setup

power commander makes one for a 1200 cc 4 tec..it used the same tps and is a 3 cylinder as well..so i ent out aon a limb and i got one..

i needed to modify it a little buy changing the injector plugs...very simple..

anyway it is really cool ...it has an auto tune feature..so it tunes your ski for you ...it allows you to set up a table of where you want the af to be at any given rpm and boost leve it picks up from rpm the injector pulse..and the voltage comming off the varible output from the map sensor..it wil pull up to 250% fuel so you can run those huge injectors...and add up to 100% or static open which ever comes first...and goes between the ecu and the injectors so the ecu wll not throw any codes..with the dash it will data log..so far it is woking very well...i have an issue with my map sensor not seeing over 12 psi but it brought the low in in perfect..you set your tael and go out and ride it easy ...the powercommander watches the af if it sees the af isnt what you ask it to be ant any given rpm or boost level ..it does the math and adjust the injector pulse to get it closer ..i have the max trim set at 20% at any given time ..then you go int accept the trims and go ride it somemore..until it is perfect..then you can disconnect the auto tune and you are perfect..
    if you add more mods just put the auto tune back in and it will recofigure it allowing you to get the most of you modifications...and the best fuel ecomomy possible..when you ride nice...so you no longer need to deal with bad fuel economy and poor throddle response..because you have to have the top end rightso it doesnt blow up.. the low end suffers..even with aftermarket ecu s they arnt a one tune fits all becaues every modded ski is modded differently...and we alllive in different parts of the country..

anyway i have mine.and have no ties to dynojet..but i think it is a cool product..

go to the dynojet site and look...and if you think it would be a god product for the pwc market..shoot this guy an nice e mail...expressing your intrests in a plug and play power commander for your ski...maybe if they see enough intrest they will make them for us...

[email protected]

+1
    I had one on my Yamaha R6, but made by Bazaa. Pretty neat feature and very easy to use.
    You forgot to mention you will have to use a wideband ( sort of ) that mean drilling into the exhaust.
    Otherwise no autotune feautre.

most uf us put some sort of o2 anyway once you get up in the mods..

+1
    Agree, but it is always good to let people who are not into electronic tuning, that it is not full bolt on.
    How serious is Dynojet to maybe produce a Powercommander for PWC?

Is it a group of people trying to push them to do it, or they are looking into new market?
    It shouldn't be a big problem for them to do it anyway!
    I'm pretty sure our injector connector are the same with Kawasaki PC, just need to check for TPS and other stuff

And I will be ready to get one if they ever do it.

Ps: Did you get any reply from dynojet?

+1
    I had actually sent them an email a while back. They make them for the Kawi bikes I figured they definately could make them for the skis. I have had them on my bikes and I love how easy they are to plug in and tune. They have never written me back though.
    Last edited by lasportsmn; 09-18-2011 at 09:52 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    I had actually sent them an email a while back. They make them for the Kawi bikes I figured they definately could make them for the skis. I have had them on my bikes and I love how easy they are to plug in and tune. They have never written me back though.
    That mean no interest or what so ever xD...
    They only problem I can see is for the TPS...
    I was going to try to plug a friend Kawa PC into my ski to mess with it... but I didn't want to drill my exhaust to fit my WB.

Maybe next time

The only problem I can see for Ski is because we are force induction, maybe they are a bit concern about that too....
    Last edited by lasportsmn; 09-18-2011 at 09:52 PM.

they do have an intrest...but it isnt a big hurry for them...maybe if they see enough demand..they will go ahead with it..they just need a little push...so we are the push..email them just tell them you would like to see one..the boxes are all the same.just plugs are different..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    they do have an intrest...but it isnt a big hurry for them...maybe if they see enough demand..they will go ahead with it..they just need a little push...so we are the push..email them just tell them you would like to see one..the boxes are all the same.just plugs are different..
    Sent, will see!

+1
    I just got a reply. i guess he has been busy if he actually read every email

+1
    he said no product yet...

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information