Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2004 RXP 215 IC/SC low RPM

Hello Members,

I would like to start off by saying that this is a great site with great info. I bought this ski from a good co worker with 58 hours( i have about 65 now)

I have a 2004 RXP that's only giving me about 7150-7200 RPM (elevation 2579 FT ). I have just added a new wear ring ( few hours on it and still no change in RPM ), New S/C BRP upgrade ( Few hours on it and still no change in RPM), thru hull exhaust(came with ski), OPAS block of(came with ski), Sponson kit(came with ski), and R&D intake Grate(came with ski). The oil level is a little above the first bend and all hoses seem in place.

I took it to the dealer to reset the maintenance beep and the guy said the update was loading up into the ski (I asked what the update was and was told seadoo has updates and it automatically loads when the unit is plugged in). It took about 10 mins and was done on the street. I don't see a knock sensor harness pigtail in my ski. Keep in mind the low RPM i am having was before the update that the dealer said the ski was getting.

I forgot to add the ski has new spark plugs with new motul PowerJet 4T 10W40 engine oil and stock impeller

Will the BUDS system do a update if it has already been done on the ski before?

Any info/help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
    Last edited by jdmctr; 09-23-2011 at 01:30 PM.

+1
    First off let me say welcome to GH.Hope you enjoy your time here.

If the ECU has been previously updated it will not re-install the update,You need the Harness to work with the update,without the harness the ECU update is useless.

Thank you for the reply, I read about that and know it needs to have both parts done to work correctly. Will the rpm be that low if the update was not 100% complete? The ski is still fast it just lacks the RPM(Speed on the crappy speedo shows about 58-63MPH) and i know this thing should be a beast.

+1
    The update cannot be half installed,it either is or isnt..Your RPM,even if the ECU update was 100% installed, will not be max untill you put the pigtail in..SO From the sounds of it, it may have never been installed.NOW i dont know if they have any other updates, which could be possible too but if it took 10 min im sure it was knock sensor updating..

The pigtail should be free from the dealer right? I was wondering if that would cause 7150-7200 sometimes 7300 RPM. The dealer(Berts mega mall) said a lake test might have to be done by them but i don't see what they are going to do different on the lake than what i have already done.

+1
    I dont think its free, you can see if they will give ya one but i highly doubt it,if not i know Jerry used to sell them here in the online store relatively cheap..And yes if the pigtail isnt installed you will only see the RPMs you are seeing..I would confirm first that you DO NOT have the harness,and if you dont ,then i would get one and install it first before any other testing is done by the dealer.they should know about the pigtail BUT that doesnt mean much coming from dealers..

I know what you mean about dealers. I checked and I don't see the pigtail. Here are two pictures of the area:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmctr View Post
    The pigtail should be free from the dealer right?
    It want be free, but there not that much either.
    GH use to sell the pigtail here in the store but i dont see it anymore.

I was wondering if that would cause 7150-7200 sometimes 7300 RPM. The dealer(Berts mega mall) said a lake test might have to be done by them but i don't see what they are going to do different on the lake than what i have already done.
    Without the pig tail and the update you will be down on rpm.

Once you get the knock sensor setup go back and see what your rpms are at.
    if there still down then you will need to depitch your prop due to your elevation.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmctr View Post
    I know what you mean about dealers. I checked and I don't see the pigtail. Here are two pictures of the area:

Definetly is not there. Will be inline on that very bottom conector in pic. (black one )

+1
    I just copied and paste a quote for GH himself.
    This was from 07 so price could have changed.
    Hope this helps and welcome to the forum!!!

You can buy the knock sensor update harness.

Sea Doo # 278002050 for $37.00

The update is two part
    1) Reflash to the ECU on the BUDS computer
    2) Installation of the knock sensor harness

If your ECU has already been flashed for the knock sensor update then you will need the harness. If it hasn't then don't even bother.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information