1995 Yamaha Wave Venture, Part out or Fix?

Just bought a Wave Venture that has some cracks in the hull. Good news is that it has a brand new SBT engine and redone carbs in it, so the engine is worth what I paid for the ski and the trailer. Just wandering if it is worth trying to fix, or if I should part it out?

+1
    I guess it depends on how bad the cracks are an how hard they are to fix. I'm always amazed that when I go out on busy weekends, there are always a few old WV's out there. They seem to run forever. My friend just fixed a small crack on one of mine. He used West Systems Epoxy. Now just needs a bit of paint.

They are rough looking, it looks like someone tried to fix them in the past, and did a very bad job. The guy I bought it from is trying to move, and did not want to haul it with him. I bought it mainly because of the fresh engine. I figure that if it is to expensive to fix, then I will part it out. But, I don't really know how much it would bring parted, and don't want to go that route unless I can make a few dollars. It does function fine, just looks bad, and I don't like things to look bad.

Just looked at West Systems website. Do you know which epoxy your buddy used? The stuff looks pretty good from what I have seen on their website.

Thanks

patch the hull and run the snot out of it! The most fun I have ever had with a car was an IROC that looked like a turd, but ran great and I didn't care where I parked it or how many donuts my friends did in it. Sold it after beating it and made a couple $

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdt1003 View Post
    Just looked at West Systems website. Do you know which epoxy your buddy used? The stuff looks pretty good from what I have seen on their website.

Thanks
    I will see if I can get him to post something on this. He knows way more about this than I do.

Talked to West Systems tech department, they put me in touch with one of their distributors, and I think that I will try to do all of my fiberglass repairs with their products. You should check out their website, stuff looks pretty tough.

Thread Information