+1

need advise ASAP on washer failure on 2006 RXP

I was out riding my ski a week ago and when took off the trailer it sounded fine then after got through the no wake zone and barely got on the throttle, I no longer heard the whislte of the supercharger so went back to the dock and put the ski back on the trailer, then went to the area where I was staying and pulled the supercharger out and found that it was missing 1 washer.

I then pulled the oil dipstick and checked and found no metal debris, I took a mirror and a flashlight and look in the area where I took the supercharger out from and found nothing there either. I then called and spoke to a few different people and they told me I needed to take the PTO cover off for the oil pump and strainer that is at the front of the motor(also said this was called the low pressure oil pump) by the oil fill tube and cap, after taking this apart I found 1/2 of the washer in 2 different 1/2 pieces. And the strainer didn't have anything in it like it had caught metal shavings from the rest of the washer.

However where could I look for the other 1/2 of the washer that is missing? I have been told that when something breaks it goes to the PTO oil pump first and gets caught there is there any way that it could of went to the oil pump at the rear of the motor I think they told me that is the high pressure one. I have also took the valve cover off and looked in there and seen nothing that looks like metal and the timing chain still looked good. I am new to all of this and just don't know where else to look.

I had bought the ski last year from a individual and the supercharger was just rebuilt right before he sold it to me last year so the washers did not have even close to 100 hours on them at the most they only had maybe 30 or 40 and they were the Riva washers.
    Thanks in advance for everyones input.

+1
    Even with metal washer failure I would pull the engine and do a clean out. The oil strainers will catch most of the debris. The problem is as the washers dropped to the bottom they can bounce around and damage the timing chain, flywheel, chain guides, SCer, block. You just can't be sure unless you pull it apart.

+1
    Well I have found the washer in 4 parts, 2 pieces were in the PTO cover area and the other 2 pieces were in the scavengar pump part. So now it's time to put back together and go ride. Just got the supercharger back from Jerry today.
    Thanks for replying and helping me out.

+1
    same thing happened to me. i left it in and rode this whole season (30 hours ish.)
    and nothing, no problems at all.
    eventually im going to get it out this winter.
    but .
    i see it doing no damage whatsoever in the oil pan.
    and my ski being stock, and i barely ride wot (1% of my time)

i noticed this site is very.... "scarred" about everything.... no offence guys. great help..... but i had last seasons gas in my ski. ran great.

besides, who replaces the sparkplugs every season? or change the oil ?
    i do it maybe once. a year (oil) and sparkplugs as i seem fit (usually 1 and 1/2 a season)

so in my opinion. you can leave the pieces in.
    finish the season.
    do this lenthy repair in the winter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shui View Post
    same thing happened to me. i left it in and rode this whole season (30 hours ish.)
    and nothing, no problems at all.
    eventually im going to get it out this winter.
    but .
    i see it doing no damage whatsoever in the oil pan.
    and my ski being stock, and i barely ride wot (1% of my time)

i noticed this site is very.... "scarred" about everything.... no offence guys. great help..... but i had last seasons gas in my ski. ran great.

besides, who replaces the sparkplugs every season? or change the oil ?
    i do it maybe once. a year (oil) and sparkplugs as i seem fit (usually 1 and 1/2 a season)

so in my opinion. you can leave the pieces in.
    finish the season.
    do this lenthy repair in the winter.
    You were lucky bro! Very very lucky! I have a feeling if you were to look at your main bearings, you will see some damage. Good luck though!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    You were lucky bro! Very very lucky! I have a feeling if you were to look at your main bearings, you will see some damage. Good luck though!

Actually no, i decided to end the season a bit earlier because i was modding my traillor
    For next year (required me to take the skis off the traillor)
    So i decided to take my rxp apart.
    Just as i was expecting it. The washer is in the oil pan
    (small camera on a cable, usually used to check plumbing)
    And theres basicly no dammage anywhee, apears as if the washer is stuck to the oil pan. Maybe a magnet holding it? I dont know. But i couldnt budge it with the camera.
    Luckily, the 3 pieces of the washer got stuck there as soon as it broke amd caused no dammage.

And yes, i guess i was lucky

+1
    Actually no, i decided to end the season a bit earlier because i was modding my traillor
    Just as i was expecting it. The washer is in the oil pan
    And theres basicly no dammage anywhee, apears as if the washer is stuck to the oil pan. Maybe a magnet holding it? I dont know. But i couldnt budge it with the camera.
    Luckily, the 3 pieces of the washer got stuck there as soon as it broke amd caused no dammage.

You were very lucky.....

+1
    Just as i was expecting it. The washer is in the oil panaw

I don't know how large pieces made it too where you are calling oil pan and how you would get a camara to what is actually the oil galley in the very bottom. Not doubting but don't think you would ever be able to get a camara to the bottom.

Thread Information