Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Battery issues on STX 15f?

Hi all.

This sunday was my first time on my "new" STX 15F 2007 (just 30hours on it), evertihing was great the first 3 hours runing it, then at max speed starts beeping and all the indicators went crazy, first BATT, then all of them, i also saw 190km/h on the dash hahahaha.

The ski was running normal, never stops by it self, i stopped and put into the trailer, nothing else happend.

I flush the engine and still beeping and the batt indicator still blinking.

Im new on this, but i just want to know if i have to change the Yuasa battery, wich is almost new or just charge it?

Sorry for my english, i'm triying to do my best on it.

+1
    I doubt that it is just your battery, test it and see if it is still charged. I would check all the connections especially the ground wires. It could be the gauge also, since it is a 4 year old ski it could have had water in it and could be going out. You could take the gauge out and see if it has corrosion in the back of it. Was this a fresh water ski or salt water ran ski?

Tnx for the tip, i will check the gauge conections.

The ski was always used in salt water, but with the care it deserves, because the last owner was the owner of the dealer in mi city, i know him and it's xtremly carefull, so i'm not worried about the past of the ski.

Hope to find something and solve the problem easely.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    check the battery connections and make sure that they are coated with dielectric grease and tight, when I bought my 12f the battery connections were slightly loose and would kill the ski when I jumped the ski, then when I landed it would let me start it and keep riding.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    check the battery connections and make sure that they are coated with dielectric grease and tight, when I bought my 12f the battery connections were slightly loose and would kill the ski when I jumped the ski, then when I landed it would let me start it and keep riding.

Sean
    When the ski still in the water i check the battery conections and looks fine, but i didnt see any grease on it.

I'm gona check that later, TNX Sean!

+1
    Unfortunately even with great care the gauge isn't something you can clean easily every time. It is definitely a weakness on these skis.

Quote Originally Posted by mirror View Post
    Unfortunately even with great care the gauge isn't something you can clean easily every time. It is definitely a weakness on these skis.
    How do i do that? I want to clean all that can be cleaned.

+1
    The gauges actually will fail from the back and it is inside the cowling so you can't see it. I plan on taking mine apart soon and adding some grease to the backside to protect it. There isn't an easy way in there that I know of, you have to take you bars off and then the cowling and the gauge is held in place by a bracket. I know that when I did part out a couple of 15f's the gauges were in high demand.

Not easy to get in the backside of the gauge... :S

I think is not a cheap piece

Well, yesterday get the battery full charged, the engine works properly, all great... but after 1 hour of use, the display starts beeping, BATT BATT BATT BATT. The engine never stops, after 30 seconds, the beeping stops and still runninr normal.

Then again the beep!!!! BATT BATT BATT, the display is dead... NO, i'ts alive, all ligths flashing, and SLO mode ON, can't change it to FPO just after the display went off again and turn on by itself the FPO mode was on, that history was repeated at least 3 times the same day.

So, the problem is only this?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information