Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

how/where is everyone mounting their IC strainers??

Santa left me one of Jerrys IC strainer kits & I am wondering how everyone is mounting them.....I have a stock IC for now....Riva soon (i hope). Is it reallys required to use the metal bracket it came with??? Cant I just use the hose to support it???

+1
    Clayton, i don't use the bracket on mine. I just put it inline with the hose.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    This is the location i'm "trying" mine out. Oh and by the way when they say 60 second epoxy. The MEAN 60 second epoxy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0853.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	712.0 KB 
ID:	13312  

just a thought: Josh if by chance that springs a leak it will doosh the electronics...and you might have more than just water in the hull...PR...

+1
    I know, it kinda sucks. I already crapped fiberglass dust all over the electronics so a good douching is in order. Plus with me behind the helm everything tends to get douched. i guess i'm just a douche bag. If that shows any problems it's gonna get moved. For as big as that ski is, there really aren't many good, easily visible spots to mount the strainer.

Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    I know, it kinda sucks. I already crapped fiberglass dust all over the electronics so a good douching is in order. Plus with me behind the helm everything tends to get douched. i guess i'm just a douche bag. If that shows any problems it's gonna get moved. For as big as that ski is, there really aren't many good, easily visible spots to mount the strainer.
    Josh, I mounted mine here, sort thru the thread...don`t know if you have anything in the way on yours...PR...
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...perate+cooling

+1
    Yeah, i like the idea of mounting it though since i ride in rough water a lot and i would think just mounting it to the hose would pose a problem. The other thing Andy is i'm still 100% bone stock except for the strainer and SC washers so i still have all that garbage in there cluttering it up. Once i get rid of the stock exhaust it'll get mounted in the back somewhere similar to yours. So how did that dedicated IC line work out anyway man? i like the idea but i'm not sure if it's really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    Yeah, i like the idea of mounting it though since i ride in rough water a lot and i would think just mounting it to the hose would pose a problem. The other thing Andy is i'm still 100% bone stock except for the strainer and SC washers so i still have all that garbage in there cluttering it up. Once i get rid of the stock exhaust it'll get mounted in the back somewhere similar to yours. So how did that dedicated IC line work out anyway man? i like the idea but i'm not sure if it's really worth it.
    Josh, it`s worth it bro!!! You don`t have to go crazy with fancy fittings, you could do something simple...I wanted it to come apart easily, especially when removing the pump...no clamps...PR...

+1
    Yeah i'll probably do something like that in the future.

i would suggest an easy to reach location sice u gona have to dump the dirt out a lot , try not to get to mutch WD40 on the filter or it will be like griping a fish with bare hands
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3277.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	807.3 KB 
ID:	13382  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information