buying jet ski in ohio - a few questions

i live in toronto and will be going down to ohio to buy a used jet ski. can someone confirm all i need to do is to transfer title of the jet ski to my name and obtain a bill of sale? i am bringing down my own trailer. thanks

I would suggest a bill of sale for you and and the seller that are notorized

Banned User
    +1
    Unless you know a notary you will want to get the title notarized here. Where in Ohio?

+1
    ive bought 4 jetskis in the states. all you gotta do it have him sign the back of the title, get a bill of sale (cheaper but not unreasonalbe for taxes) make sure the title matches the ski, i had one with a letter mismatch and the US border had to do a check run on the vin. PIA. and if you are buying a trailer with it, make sure it has a title, with the matching manufacture vin sticker on it or it will not be aloud into canada. also no homemade title trailers are aloud into canada.. good luck buying.anymore questions just pm me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kenlepack View Post
    ive bought 4 jetskis in the states. all you gotta do it have him sign the back of the title, get a bill of sale (cheaper but not unreasonalbe for taxes) make sure the title matches the ski, i had one with a letter mismatch and the US border had to do a check run on the vin. PIA. and if you are buying a trailer with it, make sure it has a title, with the matching manufacture vin sticker on it or it will not be aloud into canada. also no homemade title trailers are aloud into canada.. good luck buying.anymore questions just pm me.
    Good info here..... I have sold one ski to a guy in Canada a few years back. It's not really that much work. Everything needs proper documentation... Easy if you do your work in advance.

Thread Information