Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rxt supercharger upgrade

My supercharger just went out on me. So I'm faced with the dilemma of rebuilding it, or upgrading to an x charger. My question is, what benefit am I looking at by upgrading and staying stock with everything except for a 4" intake and 42lb injectors. I would also like to add a boost gauge just to keep an eye on things, if anyone has any info or input on any of this I would appreciate it. I am new to the 4tech world, so I would appreciate any advise I can get. Thanks

If you keep it stock you won't need 42's.

For a lil more than rebuilding a stocker...you could ad an S3 wheel...will go well with a better air intake. Then you can up your prop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jh6398 View Post
    My supercharger just went out on me. So I'm faced with the dilemma of rebuilding it, or upgrading to an x charger. My question is, what benefit am I looking at by upgrading and staying stock with everything except for a 4" intake and 42lb injectors. I would also like to add a boost gauge just to keep an eye on things, if anyone has any info or input on any of this I would appreciate it. I am new to the 4tech world, so I would appreciate any advise I can get. Thanks
    Congrats on your first post.

+1
    dont rebuild, just buy a new x charger. add viton seals, you ll be happy,

+1
    What do you mean by your supercharger just went on you? There may be a lot more to it than just replacing the charger....
    What year is your ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    What do you mean by your supercharger just went on you? There may be a lot more to it than just replacing the charger....
    What year is your ski?
    +1

If the supercharger failed you have more work to do. Tell us what happened so we can give you some good advise

After taking the hose off, you can spin it with your fingers. I am hoping its just the clutches slipping. I am pulling it out Saturday, so I will know more then. When I started it up, I could not hear it spinning and it didn't have any power on take off. I put it back on the trailanyer as soon as I noticed it, and didn't hear any noise as if anything came loose and went into the engine. Luckily it happened at the dock so Im hoping its just the clutches.

+1
    After taking the hose off, you can spin it with your fingers. I am hoping its just the clutches slipping. I am pulling it out Saturday, so I will know more then. When I started it up, I could not hear it spinning and it didn't have any power on take off. I put it back on the trailanyer as soon as I noticed it, and didn't hear any noise as if anything came loose and went into the engine. Luckily it happened at the dock so Im hoping its just the clutches.
    Pull off the supercharger and find out if the washers are there. If they are gone you will really want to flush the engine THOROUGHLY! I had 2 engines this summer that the dealer simply replaced the washers and the engines needed to be rebuilt soon after because of the debris left inside.

+1
    +1 same page now lol..
    Quote Originally Posted by HardmanGT View Post
    Pull off the supercharger and find out if the washers are there. If they are gone you will really want to flush the engine THOROUGHLY! I had 2 engines this summer that the dealer simply replaced the washers and the engines needed to be rebuilt soon after because of the debris left inside.

Pulled the SC off and it looks like I am missing 1 washer off the shaft. I guess my next step is flushing the engine. Anyone have any tips or links that may help me with that? I would also appreciate any other advise on what to do, just want to be sure I don't miss anything and loose my engine as well.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information