Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    GP1300R XL1200 LTD GP1200R Yimihemi1200's Avatar

Watch for Shady Engine Builders

I recently had an engine assembled by Competitive Crankshaft, Queen Creek, AZ, Jeff Seebold, and right before I ran the engine, I decided to check some internals in the engine. I found some interesting things. The washers on the wrist pin rod end were missing on all three cylinders in my 66V engine. I also found that instead of new WSM Platinum pistons, I found used ART pistons installed in the engine with used wrist pins. Plus he said he pressure tested the engine after assembly, but there were no plugs in the Gas Valve PV shaft holes. Buyers beware is all I say.........................

There is a saying if you want it done right you build it yourself. I have built many engines for me and for friends, nieghbors, and gh members. I treat every engine like its my own. Its not hard to find a repair service, its very hard to find somone with the skill, time and pasion. The most important piece is cleanliness. It is like and er room here.

+1
    GroupK is good builder...They know their stuff....check out their website if you're not sure...They are very technical and know 2 stokes inside and out. They build engines with performance but don't push the edge.....That's a big reason my dad's 1390 from them will kick any new PWC's butt...but it's still running well after 4 years. Sure he could crank it up and run 80+ if he wanted to, but he keeps it mild and built for holeshot for beating the 4 stroke guys that think they are the sh*t....(not a lot of mods on our lake). His beast runs 75 mph with a jump that would smoke the Ultra 300, Sea Doo 260 whatever...he's killed them all. And my father is a good mechanic on skis....He made his own pump pressure relief mod WAY before any commercial models were out...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    There is a saying if you want it done right you build it yourself. I have built many engines for me and for friends, nieghbors, and gh members. I treat every engine like its my own. Its not hard to find a repair service, its very hard to find somone with the skill, time and pasion. The most important piece is cleanliness. It is like and er room here.
    +1. I do it all myself to know it has been done right. I only use certain people for certain things (porting, polishing, etc). Most of the other things I do myself. You can never know enough about your craft IMO!

+1
    When I rebuilt one of my engines with wsm top end kit, it came with wrist pin bearings and a piece of paper said not to install the thrust washers with the bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by Yimihemi1200 View Post
    I recently had an engine assembled by Competitive Crankshaft, Queen Creek, AZ, Jeff Seebold, and right before I ran the engine, I decided to check some internals in the engine. I found some interesting things. The washers on the wrist pin rod end were missing on all three cylinders in my 66V engine. I also found that instead of new WSM Platinum pistons, I found used ART pistons installed in the engine with used wrist pins. Plus he said he pressure tested the engine after assembly, but there were no plugs in the Gas Valve PV shaft holes. Buyers beware is all I say.........................
    Did you bring it back? What did they have say?

+1
    Pretty common not to use the washers on the piston pins.

I would of took it back, and would rather use used art (oem) pistons than the wsm.

+1
    Any particular reason not using the washers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    Pretty common not to use the washers on the piston pins.

john i have a 1300 waterbox if you need one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information