Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bilge Wiring

+1

Bilge Wiring

Does anyone have the schematics of how to wire the bilge into the OEM harness. I have a Rule 500 that I am installing and would appreciate any input you guys can offer. I would rather wire it into the harness or VTS harness or somewhere that I don't have to worry about running wires all over the place. Thanks in advance....

+1
    I'd be interested too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jhill19 View Post
    I'd be interested too.
    Good deal! I like doing things simple and neat. It is a auto on/off bilge as most are..... KISS method usually has a better outcome.... Key Word..... Usually...

I have been wanting to do this for a while. The late model ski's have the option of a bilge pump that goes directly into the fuse block.
    Basically the kit has terminated wires that fit into the fuse block. You pull out some blanks and the wire slides right in.
    What i havent been able to find is the connectors that slide into the fuse block.

Does the older ski's have a similar fuse block as the RXT-X?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbo View Post
    I have been wanting to do this for a while. The late model ski's have the option of a bilge pump that goes directly into the fuse block.
    Basically the kit has terminated wires that fit into the fuse block. You pull out some blanks and the wire slides right in.
    What i havent been able to find is the connectors that slide into the fuse block.

Does the older ski's have a similar fuse block as the RXT-X?
    I have no clue as I have not seen a fuse panel up close of the new 11's etc. I know that on my ski, there are blanks. I do know that there wasn't a factory option for my ski when I got it. It had to be put on a switch and I wasn't interested in that. I wanted automatic period. Hopefully someone can come up with some ideas.....

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Good deal! I like doing things simple and neat. It is a auto on/off bilge as most are..... KISS method usually has a better outcome.... Key Word..... Usually...
    I am interested too!!!

+1
    i just ran extra cables, positive to the battery (with inline fuse), negative to the engine block

All in loom tube with heat shrunk connections.

+1
    Just tap into the VTS power its switched when the key is on.

+1
    There is a way to do this. The purple wire coming out of the module on the left front of the engine area. ( MPEM) This wire is hot when you plug in your lanyard. When you pull your lanyard off this wire stays hot for about 5 to ten seconds. You will need a relay. There are four posts on the relay. The posts are numbered. Number 86 is wire to the battey (your fuse goes on this wire.) Number 85 goes from relay to purple wire. Number 87 from relay to bilge pump. Remaing post is not used. Remember to ground your automatic pump to either the engine or negative side of battery. Now you have a real automatic bilge pump you dont have to worry with.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    There is a way to do this. The purple wire coming out of the module on the left front of the engine area. ( MPEM) This wire is hot when you plug in your lanyard. When you pull your lanyard off this wire stays hot for about 5 to ten seconds. You will need a relay. There are four posts on the relay. The posts are numbered. Number 86 is wire to the battey (your fuse goes on this wire.) Number 85 goes from relay to purple wire. Number 87 from relay to bilge pump. Remaing post is not used. Remember to ground your automatic pump to either the engine or negative side of battery. Now you have a real automatic bilge pump you dont have to worry with.

I dont think you have this right if it is a standard relay we are talking about here. 85 would go to the purple wire, 86 would need to be grounded, 30 is fused from the battery and 87 would go to the bilge pump power. This is going to make the bilge pump run constant unless it is an automatic.

Doesn't the mpem have a extra circuit for a bilge, or is that only on certain models. I thought I saw an option in my CanDoo too turn a bilge circuit on.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information