Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    +1

Please post Riva Photos

I now have the Riva heads on my ski. I haven't yet plumbed my cooling lines and wanted some photos and opinions on how.

Do I just run all three into the exhaust by using a tee?
    Do I run 2 into the exhaust and one out the back with a pisser/through hull (back deck)?
    Do I block off the back barb on the exhaust and only run one head to the exhaust and two through a rear pisser/through hull(back deck)?

I've read of a few different ways others have done it, but wanted someone to weigh in before I decide to go drilling a hole out the back under my grab rail...

Please post some pictures if you have them. Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball View Post
    I now have the Riva heads on my ski. I haven't yet plumbed my cooling lines and wanted some photos and opinions on how.

Do I just run all three into the exhaust by using a tee?
    Do I run 2 into the exhaust and one out the back with a pisser/through hull (back deck)?
    Do I block off the back barb on the exhaust and only run one head to the exhaust and two through a rear pisser/through hull(back deck)?

I've read of a few different ways others have done it, but wanted someone to weigh in before I decide to go drilling a hole out the back under my grab rail...

Please post some pictures if you have them. Thanks
    If you are running a stock single piper then you can run the front head and center head together with a T and run it to the front water outlet were the stock head hooked up on the exhaust. then you can run the rear head to the stock water outlet on the back of the exhaust were the stock head was hooked to.

+1
    I saw that was the riva instruction, but I was currious as to why others are only sending the front two heads to the manifold or on a stock head, blocking off the rear port on the manifold to allow one line from the stock head to go overboard out the hull. Does this put less water into the exhaust to allow less pressure in the waterbox? Faster holeshots?

We do it because the rear going over board gives you a hotter exhaust creating a stronger sonic wave in the tuned portion of the pipe. That keeps the next combustion bang in the cylinder for better power......Every little bit helps;0)

+1
    Got it. Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    We do it because the rear going over board gives you a hotter exhaust creating a stronger sonic wave in the tuned portion of the pipe. That keeps the next combustion bang in the cylinder for better power......Every little bit helps;0)
    ..... also, that pipe was designed with a certain temperature in mind. The stock catalytic converter uses the excess exhaust heat to completely burn the exhaust fumes. When the cat is pulled, the pipe gets a lot cooler..... you loose rpms for the reason scittb described. People who retained the cat con in their pipes in the early days of the GPR consistently reported better speeds with any given mods (Carl at Long Island racing was one of them).

Dumping the water overboard after you remove the catalytic converter allows the pipe to get hotter and operate at the temperature that it was originally set up for.

For proof, make sure you craft is completely tuned, reinstall the catalytic converter and watch your rpms increase.

+1
    Ok, so I ran my two front heads to the manifold and the third out the rear just undery grab handle.

Thread Information