Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

cant find my answer about this prop swap in a search anywhere.....

well, i searched like crazy for plenty of info on here. i may be new to this site but im not to internet web pages. i was once a head moderator on tsxclub.com. so with that said yes everyone i searched like crazy and cant come up with the info. so heres my question, on my 2003 seadoo gtx 185 supercharged ski, that had the pump switched to a 2004, it had alot of cavitation. so after a week of searching for answers i called my buddy jeff who works at the seadoo dealership around the corner from me and he came over and we pulled the pump. and man was it in bad shape the old prop. and the wear ring was all carved up. litterally looked like somone drove the ski in the rock driveway not the water lol. anyways we pulled the prop and its from a 155 n/a gtx 2005 according to the part number. not the oem prop from a 2004 gtx supercharged. it was again in bad shape and the ski wouldnt go over 51-53 on the speedo. and trust me when ur buddy who weighs 350 plus passes u on his vx cruiser n/a you know your speedo is right lol. so with that said whats the advantage to that prop if any. and why would u put that into a supercharged ski? hey guys any help or feedback would be great. i actually got this website from one of my friends and a moderator off tsxclub so hey thanks again for all the info in the searches and hope to become a regular on here.
    -jay

wow thats alot of reading and im still lost, what rpm u seeing what prop pitch do u have i think we need more info, did u change the prop and wear ring? if i was u i wou d just get a new wear ring and new prop

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jchait View Post
    well, i searched like crazy for plenty of info on here. i may be new to this site but im not to internet web pages. i was once a head moderator on tsxclub.com. so with that said yes everyone i searched like crazy and cant come up with the info. so heres my question, on my 2003 seadoo gtx 185 supercharged ski, that had the pump switched to a 2004, it had alot of cavitation. so after a week of searching for answers i called my buddy jeff who works at the seadoo dealership around the corner from me and he came over and we pulled the pump. and man was it in bad shape the old prop. and the wear ring was all carved up. litterally looked like somone drove the ski in the rock driveway not the water lol. anyways we pulled the prop and its from a 155 n/a gtx 2005 according to the part number. not the oem prop from a 2004 gtx supercharged. it was again in bad shape and the ski wouldnt go over 51-53 on the speedo. and trust me when ur buddy who weighs 350 plus passes u on his vx cruiser n/a you know your speedo is right lol. so with that said whats the advantage to that prop if any. and why would u put that into a supercharged ski? hey guys any help or feedback would be great. i actually got this website from one of my friends and a moderator off tsxclub so hey thanks again for all the info in the searches and hope to become a regular on here.
    -jay
    I'm lost bro! Any clarification you can give. Mod's, rpm's etc would be good. Thanks!

+1
    lol. im sorry for the book guys. ok i have a bone stock 2003 gtx supercharged ski. it had a 2004 pump in it. we took the pump out. the wear ring was all messed up in it. like someone took a knife and chopped into it. the impeller was from a 2005 gtx natural aspirated 155 model we found out when we ran the part number. my buddy jeff is a seadoo mechanic at the local shop here and he did all the work today. so what im trying to ask here is why would someone put a gtx 155 n/a prop in a 2004 gtx supercharged housing? my rpms were around 7200 i was doing 51-53 mph. out of the hole thing was bouncing off the rev limter than taking off like a bat of hell. but cavitating like crazy. we know that was from the chewed up wear ring and prop. i actually just had a pm mesg thing going on with pale rider about this and he thinks it was for a better hole shot. im just trying to get an idea if maybe this was a poor mans solas idea? thanks for the answers guys. im sorry about the confusion.

+1
    The prop is too small for the housing. Get the correct wear ring and prop and you should be good to go. That is if I am understanding you correctly. I hope that I am. The props are totally different from an 04 SC (215)and a 155. The pumps are on the GTX/RXP/RXT and sometimes interchangeable. The props are different though. Only in the sense of the pitch being different, not the prop size. SRX-CD based props are what goes in those pumps. The cavitation out of the hole is due to several factors. 1. Bad Wear Ring - as you have already found and pointed out. 2. Damaged prop that needs to be trued or pitched. 3. Weak Carbon Seal or Bellow as the pump is pulling air from within the hull through the CS and weak Bellows. If you put a new ring in it, and it still cavitates, I would look into stepping up the prop (adding pitch or I have a OEM 13/18 I could sell you cheap) and changing the carbon seal, bellow, and c-clip. JMO!! Good luck....

+1
    Make sense bro!?

The rxp,rxt 215 uses a 159mm pump. I believe the 03/04 gtx 185 uses a 155mm pump.

They probably used the prop because it fit and they didn't know any better. A lot of guys interchange rxp and rxt props not knowing they are losing performance.

+1
    msrxp thanks for the info bud. i found tons of info through searches from u. thanks man. and thanks for answering here. you are understanding me correctly. the prop that was in there was seadoo- oc001249. just incase anyone was wondering that was the part number stamped on it. the one we put in was a stock prop out of a 2003 seadoo gtx supercharged that was reconditioned. hopefully between that and the new wear ring it should be good to go. the carbon seal was checked. supercharger was checked. no play in it and no oil leaking. but ill be rebuilding it over the winter time for the added sense of security and just because one less thing to wonder about.

seadoo1120 i agree man with what your saying. prob some marina swapped it and not the proper dealership or mechanic just because it was laying around and the previous owner sucked up a boulder or something and needed a prop swap. so most likely it was for that and not performance.

thanks guys for the info. oh and the carbon seal we checked, not leaking anything but will keep a check on it. hope i have no more cavitation but well see what happens. and hope to have my 10 mph i lost back thats advertised that this ski is suppose to be doing.

+1
    once you get the prop figured out, you may want to have your seadoo buddy pull the charger out and get those ceramic washers out if you haven't already.

+1
    yes sir thats the next step were doing that soon. it will deff be piece of mind knowing there changed. hell for all i know the previous owner could of had them changed but better be safe than sorry and get it done and replaced. theres nothing wrong with preventive measures right

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information