+1

can a non innercooled manifold be modifed to accept a innercooler?

Just curious, I was scoping ebay and noticed the flame arrestor removal kit and got to thinking if it were possible to use my old rxp innercooler in my newly acquired GTX. I dont expect it to increase the speed dramatically but hey anything can help when you cool down the incoming air. It looks like all I would need is a hold saw and the band/flange clamp.

I know this is probably a dumb idea but hey I go it all torn down, might as well try it while at this stage.

+1
    it will bolt up fine. Figure it would be easier to take the FA out of the one in the GTX and put it on the RXP then take the RXP one and put it on the GTX.

+1
    ? just a tad confused on the second part but, hey cool it will work. Just need to located the clamp (online store/riva, maybe a memeber has one they dont need), and what size is the hole saw..... anyone know that?

+1
    Well it shows you have a Fizzle IC on the RXP? SO take and remove the flame arrestor from you GTX manifold and put the GTX manifold on the RXP. Take the RXP manifold and remove your IC plug from fizzle and reinstall your IC and then put it back on the GTX. Make sense?
    The GTX manifold just needs its flam aresster removed via the Throtle body side and a bunch of time with a screwdriver and cutters. pulll it through, the riva kit is not totaly needed. Just makes the job a hole hell of alot easier,

+1
    Ohhh ok I gotcha. Idk about easier, maybe simpler. I just hate to disassemble something that is working fine, plus I would still have to remove the flame arrestor from the gtx, which i hear isnt the easiest thing to do. I'd rather just cut the hole if I can figure out the hole saw size and just order the clamp from somewhere

Mic'd the innercooler, its 3.13" so I used a 3" hole saw with almost does the trick. All you have to do is take a set of pliers and peel the outer lip off then take a razor and remove the seam weld. Just take your time so you dont mess/gauge anything surface you will regret later.

Thread Information