+1

SLH Upgrade Questions / Recommendations

Ok so I have a 2000 SLH that is stock other than an R&D Aquavein intake grate. I have been looking into different upgrades to improve acceleration, handling, etc.

I see a popular upgrade is to go to the 6 vein stator and was wondering what you guys thought. Is this a worthwhile upgrade to my SLH? FWIW, I was impressed with the improvement just from the intake grate. The reduced porpoising from keeping the pump loaded up makes the ski much more fun to ride. I suspect a 6-vein stator would help even more from what I've read.

Another thing I was looking at per Jeff (Polarisracer166's) recommendation is an aftermarket impeller. Can anyone explain what this would do in terms of performance gain? Better acceleration, top speed, etc?

I've also heard of people upgrading the reeds on these engines. Any thoughts or recommendations on these?

Thanks in advance!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrottleOut View Post
    Ok so I have a 2000 SLH that is stock other than an R&D Aquavein intake grate. I have been looking into different upgrades to improve acceleration, handling, etc.

I see a popular upgrade is to go to the 6 vein stator and was wondering what you guys thought. Is this a worthwhile upgrade to my SLH? FWIW, I was impressed with the improvement just from the intake grate. The reduced porpoising from keeping the pump loaded up makes the ski much more fun to ride. I suspect a 6-vein stator would help even more from what I've read.

Another thing I was looking at per Jeff (Polarisracer166's) recommendation is an aftermarket impeller. Can anyone explain what this would do in terms of performance gain? Better acceleration, top speed, etc?

I've also heard of people upgrading the reeds on these engines. Any thoughts or recommendations on these?

Thanks in advance!
    The ss pump is always worth the money, new $230 or if you take your time you can find them used on ebay for about $100. It really doesn't do anything for performance but I put a one piece hotseat head cover on mine and it looks awesome. I personally think the slh is a great ski right out of the box!

+1
    I must be looking in the wrong places for the SS stators then. I'm seeing used pumps from $150-250 and new for closer to $300. I'll have to look around a bit more.

Those hotseat head covers look pretty cool. I've seen them on a 3-cylinder domestic but not on a 2-cylinder domestic. Cool!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrottleOut View Post
    I must be looking in the wrong places for the SS stators then. I'm seeing used pumps from $150-250 and new for closer to $300. I'll have to look around a bit more.

Those hotseat head covers look pretty cool. I've seen them on a 3-cylinder domestic but not on a 2-cylinder domestic. Cool!
    No your probably looking in the right spot, just sometimes people think they have GOLD when they have stainless steel.....Just be patient and keep looking, also try miss spelling key words on purpose to see if a listing is listed wrong. Heres the good news, your ski runs great as it is and you have nothing but time to look for a good deal! I have seen a few listed on here for more than twice what I have payed before.
    There was one time a guy wanted to sell me a repaired used ss for close to $200 if I remember correctly he had to have it welded and still wanted that much, a week later I bought a whole used pump assembly with impeller from ebay for a lot less delivered to my door. IMO I would not pay more than $100 ish

+1
    Yea that makes sense. Realistically i've only got a few rides left for this season anyways so any upgrades will likely wait till next season anyways.

Thread Information