+1

Anti-freezing a FZR

Possibly an odd question, but what's the best way to get RV anti-freeze into an FZR? I tried rigging up an adapter for the flush port, but of course all the fluid went right out the pump.

The "adapter" I made has about 3ft of head to the motor, so I suppose I could f*** around with it and wait for it to feed into the motor with the pump feed pinched, but there's gotta be a better way. I've blown on the system a couple times, so I'm probably fine, but I want that extra piece of mind, seeing as lately we get f'n cold(like -30 below..,..I need to move)...

Any advice?

Gainesville, Ga.. Lake Lanier ....... 2006 FXHO Cruiser
    (like -30 below..,..I need to move)...

I'd find a new weatherman or at least a new thermometer.

Bill

+1
    Make sure motor is also warmed up so the theremastat is open on the head , and flows the water out then the antifreze !

+1
    So warm it up on a hose, then feed in the anti-freeze? Is there a way to backwards feed it up with dealing the with thermo?

+1
    As long as you blow out the waterbox then you don't need to worry about anti freeze. I've never used anti freeze in 10+ yrs on my skis. If anything, just pour a little in the bottom of the hull so water down there doesnt freeze.

i dont see the need for anti freeze in the ski, like stated above just make ture you flush it really good and blow the water out. Once i parked my ski i flushed it one final time, blew out as much water as i could, put ski in garage, next day fogged the engine with yamaha fogging oil, and sprayed engine down with the silicone spray, then about every 2-3 weeks i would go out and fire it up for a few seconds just to move the valves around. Mind you i do live about 2 miles from the beach on the mississippi gulf coast so it really dont get that cold down here. In the 28 years i been alive i have seen snow once.

Check your owners manual also mine had info on how to "Winterize" my waverunner.

+1
    I also don't see the need to use antifreeze. As well as everything the guys above have mentioned.........I disconnect the top exhaust hose, & vacuum all water out of the waterbox. To me it is more important to get as much moisture out off the engine as possible.
    Yamaha have never recommended using antifreeze on these free draining motors.

Thread Information