Killer deal, or what???

Hi guys,
    I recently found a deal for a 2002, and a 2003 genesis 1, both not running, asking price $1,500.
    I called, and the guy said they both had no spark. I did some reserch on no spark issues, and found Greenhulk!!!, Wow, best forum I've come across bar none! Anyway, I went to look at them, both looked clean & well cared for, both cranked, but no spark. I took a chance, and offered 1,200, offer accepted. Got 'em home and went to work, first order of buisness -new battery, got the '03 to fire! Seems to run & rev fine on a hose. Only thing it needs is a new display. Next order of buisness the '02 - new batt., no fire, checked injector voltage - good, checked fuel pressure - good, pulled plug - not good, looked like water & gunk fouled, and cranking sounded a little slugish. I didn't want to take any chances with water intrusion problems in the crankcase, so I put a little marvel mystery oil in each cyl. and a little down the throat of each throttle body, "blipped" it over a few times, repeated the process till cranking sounded better. Let it sit overnight, cleaned plugs, (yes, you can get a little more life out of fouled plugs if you clean them with starting spray, and let them dry) got spark with plugs removed. After a few rounds of clearing out the oil, it came to life!, only would not rev. Green hulk to the rescue! Found out it needs a throttle position sensor. Swapped it from the '03, and it runs, and revs fine on a hose!... So, what do ya think? Killer deal or what?

Banned User
    Milwaukee WI
    Definitely!!!!!!!!!!! Nice find!!!!

Now ride them like you stole them because that is what you did. Nice find and nice work.

Thread Information