first time winterizing

alright done some reading and got most of the info i needed to winterize my skies(2005 rxp & 2003 gtx s/c), but have a couple of questions.the skies stay in the garage in the winter so is it important to put a/f in the exhaust system,if so were do u put it in? when fogging the engine ive heard mixed things;some say just spray down the spark plug chamber,others say to take off the fuel rail and injectors and spray down there;some say do both..what is the most common way that people are doin it? i ride in fresh water so do i need to flush the system?

Little help would be great

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG E View Post
    alright done some reading and got most of the info i needed to winterize my skies(2005 rxp & 2003 gtx s/c), but have a couple of questions.the skies stay in the garage in the winter so is it important to put a/f in the exhaust system,if so were do u put it in? when fogging the engine ive heard mixed things;some say just spray down the spark plug chamber,others say to take off the fuel rail and injectors and spray down there;some say do both..what is the most common way that people are doin it? i ride in fresh water so do i need to flush the system?
    Best way to fog the engine is through the tb. Use fogging oil and let it go in until the engine dies. Pull the plugs and put new ones in. Ensure that ALL of the water is out of you ic. Pull the hoses off of the ic and allow the water to drain. I got a 3/4 in heater hose about 2 ft long and attached it to the intake side of the ic and blew in to get all of the eater out of the manifold and ic. I then poured rv water line af into the hose and blew it through the system to mix with any residual water. Fill the system with as much as you can and button everything back up. Fog the engine bay with wd40 and shes done. Takes a little time but it's ready to go. The best part about the rv water line stuff is that it is non toxic and safe for lakes, rivers, sewers etc. Good luck!!

+1
    There should or might be a fogging port on the engine cover. It is a yellow rubber piece that attaches to the tb.

Also, put some marine stabil in the fuel and fill them up to the brim.

Hope this helps! Procedure is the same for both skis. If they still have oem ic. If not, let me know.

Thread Information