Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Angry Still having issues

Hey guys this is really getting old now,im ready to go buy a brand new ski.
    The issue now is that when i hit the throttle and it gets up to 5000 to 6000 rpms it holds there for about 30 seconds and then comes back down ,if i hold the throttle wide open it wont die just revs more ,if i pull the choke it will die in about 5 seconds,stop button doesnt do much either.
    After we rebuilt the carbs we had some wrong orings and gasket issue with them fixed that problem and now it seems that the whole problem is half fixed.now it last for 30 seconds instead of 60 seconds,this is really annoying ,has anyone had these issues that can help me i am ready to drag this thing behind my truck annoying

+1
    What ski?? Maybe a fuel pick-up issue.

+1
    Just a little friendly advise...I don't wanna sound like a dick...but instead of starting a new thread every few days, just update the original thread you started. That way we can go back and review the old issues, the progress, and refresh our memories.
    I assume this is on your GPR800, correct? Now are you saying, that when you blip the throttle wide open and release it back to idle, the engine continues to rev? if so, sounds like a vacuum leak.

+1
    I here you on the thread thing. Vacuum leak is what i was thinking but after we changed the seal inside the carb second time around it got allot better and it will not due it all the time plus it only holds for for a few seconds ,i know i said 30 but i was a little off with that number ,sorry i was a little pissed at the post time.I have not ruled out the vacuum leak its just weird how the ski was fine until after the carb rebuild and then after redoing it the second time around it got a lot better .It is starting to get to the point that i think i have to really get my hands dirty .I tried to pay someone to do this job ,but i guess this another one of those things that i would have better off doing my self .Just got back from getting some carb kits and i guess i am going to make a pressure tester for the engine and see what happens.Thanks for info and keep it coming and help is help

+1
    Sounds like your on the right track with the pressure test idea. Keep us posted. We're glad to help!

+1
    Well i pulled the carbs. back off today and was tinkering around with them ,pulled on of the high speed jets out and the oring was old as hell and hard as a rock,also there is dirt in the chamber.The second high speed i cant even move so looks like i will have to do some surgery on it once i take them off the plate .I have come to the conclusion that i am not going to have anyone else around here work on my ski ,im over it.I brought all my fittings today i just have to get so plate material to make block offs (maybe tomorrow ) then we will see if she leaks .I plan on have the motor sent to woody and have him rebuild it also have bill due the carbs but i would like to atleat get to ride them for awhile.
    Due you guys have any suggestions on getting the stuck high speed out

rebuild the carbs right and you shouldnt have a problem

+1
    Ok did my surgey took my time and BAM its out gotta love having i big a** tool box full of things you think you will never use and then the day comes and you feel good that you kept all that crap,so now on the the rebuild .One thing i am learning though this is DO NOT just trust anyone.Do your research and ask allot of questions before you tear into something you nothing about .I know allot about car motors but these jet ski engines are a different breed ,but im having so the hell with it

+1
    Pressure checked motor today and all is okay .Rebuilt Carbs again thanks to Osidebill sending me a manual ,put the whole back together and BAM she run get once again.Thanks to all who helped me out.

+1
    Nice!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information