Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SCOM installation. In tandem w Depth Finder and Cruise Control on 11'TX Questions???

I tried to install the SCOM unit on my ski and ran into a little trouble on page 4. It stated to remove the white plug in #6 hole of the wiring harness. When I opened the harnness up there were already purple wires installed in that hole. I called RIVA and the guy said something about the potential that the #6 hole could be filled if Cruise or depth finder were already installed. I think thats the case. What's next then? I tried to start the ski which did start but I still had to prompt the computer to establish Sport Mode.... Do I have to do anything through the computer to tell it the SCOM is installed? Any help is welcomed. Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by coachfarnen View Post
    I tried to install the SCOM unit on my ski and ran into a little trouble on page 4. It stated to remove the white plug in #6 hole of the wiring harness. When I opened the harnness up there were already purple wires installed in that hole. I called RIVA and the guy said something about the potential that the #6 hole could be filled if Cruise or depth finder were already installed. I think thats the case. What's next then? I tried to start the ski which did start but I still had to prompt the computer to establish Sport Mode.... Do I have to do anything through the computer to tell it the SCOM is installed? Any help is welcomed. Thanks
    Install the module and power the ski up. The wiring should be completed already since you did the depth and cc. Push and hold mode or set with the ski off. See if the ski prompts you to enter sport mode. Its either of the 2 buttons. i forgot which one to be exact.

+1
    SET

+1
    Did it work out?

I'm going to check it out now... Ill update you later. Thanks again

+1
    I'm going to check it out now... Ill update you later. Thanks again
    Any luck! Just did one on a locals ski this weekend. Easy install.

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Any luck! Just did one on a locals ski this weekend. Easy install.
    Well, it's installed as for whether or not its actually working thats a different story. The middle step on page 4 is where we hit a snag because Cruise Control and a depth finder have been installed there was already a purple wire supplied through the harness. Also the fuses were also installed for those options. How do you know the SCOM is actually working? Everytime I start the ski I still have to prompt the computer to place the ski in Sport Mode. I thought the SCOM was suppose to bypass that process once it was installed? I rode yesterday and at one point I tried to see if the ski would hit 8100rpm but the best I got was 8000. Anyways, let me know what you think fellas

+1
    Well, it's installed as for whether or not its actually working thats a different story. The middle step on page 4 is where we hit a snag because Cruise Control and a depth finder have been installed there was already a purple wire supplied through the harness. Also the fuses were also installed for those options. How do you know the SCOM is actually working? Everytime I start the ski I still have to prompt the computer to place the ski in Sport Mode. I thought the SCOM was suppose to bypass that process once it was installed? I rode yesterday and at one point I tried to see if the ski would hit 8100rpm but the best I got was 8000. Anyways, let me know what you think fellas
    Read the bottom of the instructions. Youll see this

Sport Mode ‘Start Up’ Feature:
    Installation of S.C.O.M. enables you to switch your craft to SPORT MODE before starting engine. Press START/STOP button to power
    up Dash Display. Press MODE button repeatedly until DRIVING MODE scrolls across screen. Press SET button to enter driving mode
    function. Press SET button again to activate sport mode. A message SPORT MODE ACTIVATED will appear. Gauge will automatically
    return to normal display after a few seconds. SPORT MODE indicator will appear on gauge display. NOTE: Once powered down craft
    will revert to default touring mode setting.
    On my 2010, I also did the CC and Depth. I also came across where the wiring for SCOM already exist from the other installs. I spoke to Riva about this and they advised that all I needed to do was just plug the SCOM inline with diag connector. Worked like it should!

Simple step to know if its working... Power the ski up with the key on the DESS post, push and hold SET and see if the ski prompts you to activate to sport mode. The SCOM will not change your rpms at all and you will not see any increase in MPH with other supporting mods.

Stuck moto was nice enough to create a video of how the SCOM works

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Read the bottom of the instructions. Youll see this

On my 2010, I also did the CC and Depth. I also came across where the wiring for SCOM already exist from the other installs. I spoke to Riva about this and they advised that all I needed to do was just plug the SCOM inline with diag connector. Worked like it should!

Simple step to know if its working... Power the ski up with the key on the DESS post, push and hold SET and see if the ski prompts you to activate to sport mode. The SCOM will not change your rpms at all and you will not see any increase in MPH with other supporting mods.

Thanks bro... I think it is working because I recall the other day the ski was able to be put into sport mode while the ski was not running. Nice top end #s btw on your ski. It's a beast at 83 mph!!!

Thanks bro... I think it is working because I recall the other day the ski was able to be put into sport mode while the ski was not running. Nice top end #s btw on your ski. It's a beast at 83 mph!!!

Only problem is now my CC is not working for some reason. Depth is fine and yes I tried to set the cruise above 3000 rpms.... Who knows. Scott, did you do a reflash on your ski to get those #s???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information