+1

94 SLT 750 Reeds

Hey guys looking for some performance ideas for my 94 SLT 750. It has a R and D intake grate. Lake city ride plate and ocean pro flame arrestors with new jetting. I was told performance reeds would help with acceleration. What type reeds would be best?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

+1
    Aftermarket reeds can be helpful. They are more flexible and allow more air to enter the engine. I have a set of VForce I cages that need new petals. I found a set I could get, but they were $150 so I figured I'd pass on those.

#1 upgrade is to get reed spacers. They were stock on the 780's and help keep the reeds in less turbulent air. John Zigler has a set he's selling right now.

#2 upgrade is the flame arrestor. Either get a stock F/A from a 780 or find a set of Ocean Pro's. These will allow the beast to breath more than the stock air box. A full 1/2 turn beyond stock settings on the high speed needles is usually enough to compensate for the extra air flow....or you can step up to #100 jets, take your pick.

#3 upgrade would be a dry pipe. I've had one setting in the garage all year that I meant to install but never got around to it this year. Actually I have two of them, one is a PSI dry pipe and the other is a stock pipe off a '93 SL750....which is a dry pipe. They are suppose to boost low end punch and give you more RPM on the top end. You have to run bigger main jets with these pipes because they run hotter. I have a set of #120's that also never got installed.

KJ

Banned User
    +1
    I have a set of the Boyesen pro series reeds that I had in my SL 650 and spacers and they made a huge difference. Better acceleration and a few more RPMs up top. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonmtz View Post
    Aftermarket reeds can be helpful. They are more flexible and allow more air to enter the engine. I have a set of VForce I cages that need new petals. I found a set I could get, but they were $150 so I figured I'd pass on those.

#1 upgrade is to get reed spacers. They were stock on the 780's and help keep the reeds in less turbulent air. John Zigler has a set he's selling right now.

#2 upgrade is the flame arrestor. Either get a stock F/A from a 780 or find a set of Ocean Pro's. These will allow the beast to breath more than the stock air box. A full 1/2 turn beyond stock settings on the high speed needles is usually enough to compensate for the extra air flow....or you can step up to #100 jets, take your pick.

#3 upgrade would be a dry pipe. I've had one setting in the garage all year that I meant to install but never got around to it this year. Actually I have two of them, one is a PSI dry pipe and the other is a stock pipe off a '93 SL750....which is a dry pipe. They are suppose to boost low end punch and give you more RPM on the top end. You have to run bigger main jets with these pipes because they run hotter. I have a set of #120's that also never got installed.

KJ
    I have Ocean Pro FA's with 102.5 jetting.

Banned User
    +1
    Your best bang for the buck would be an extended pump setup with a 6 vein stainless stator. Do that and some aftermarket reeds and you will have a pretty sweet ride

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Your best bang for the buck would be an extended pump setup with a 6 vein stainless stator. Do that and some aftermarket reeds and you will have a pretty sweet ride
    That going to give me higher top speed? Where do I get those?

+1
    i have new reeds available here.

i believe i even have a good, set of used boysens on hand.

also have the short, 650 "dry pipe" if you want.

zig

+1
    This summer I installed a set of V-force reeds on my 94 SLT, no increase in top speed, but acceleration improved noticably in the 20-45mph range. Last year I installed a 6 vein ss pump stator & extended pump that combo gave me an increase of 2.4mph on GPS. Reed spacers are a better investment than performance reeds, remember to get the longer bolts for the reed spacers too.

Banned User
    +1
    Get the reeds and the spacers........ I got an RPM gain on my 650 with them.

+1
    I should have clarified, no rpm gain with Vforce reeds, but did get an extra 70-80 rpm increase with reed spacers.

Thread Information